Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sparkles By Julie Apple Sour Belt

Hey there polish lovers!

Today I have a review on a pretty new indie polish brand, Sparkles by Julie! Mei Mei has recently brought in this lovely indie brand on her site and has kindly asked me to do a review on one of Julie's polishes.
All of Julie's polishes are 3 free, meaning they do not contain Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde Resin, or Toluene. That's always a plus!

Read on for more pictures and my thoughts on Apple Sour Belt!



The moment I unwrapped Apple Sour Belt from the bubble wrap it came in, I immediately thought of Yupi Apple Rings (below). Everything about the polish reminded me of this awesome gummy sweet I used to eat as a kid, from the bright green colour, right down to the white glitter that looked like the sugary topping!



Here are two bottle shots of Apple Sour Belt.



Don't you love just the label? It makes the polish look even yummier, don't you think? ;)
Here you can see the white, blue and green "suaghs", as Julie terms them!



"Sometimes you just don't want sweets, you want something that stings, something sour that stings, something sour that stings and sticks all over your teeth making it last forever... Sometimes you just want Apple Sour Belts!!"

And that's exactly what I want!



According to Julie, "This nail polish is a neon green representing that sweet taste of sourness, with a gold flair that pops up in the light, covered in stinging sugahs in white, blue, and green!"



Apple Sour Belt was easy to apply, just three coats and you're done! The glitters also spreaded on quite evenly so I didn't have to go digging around for glitters. That's always a good thing!






Gosh, I love how the gold sheen shines through in the picture below and it makes the polish look extra "sour", maybe even a little poisonous!



Here's a macro shot of the polish on my nail. You can really see the golden flair present in the polish and I think it makes the polish pop just that little but more!



Boy I'm glad I got introduced to this amazing indie brand! I'm already looking at Julie's other polishes, like Carnival...



Dots n' Stripes (this one is a close dupe to Lynnderella's Connect the Dots, which I unfortunately did not manage to get!)



and Milky Way!



If you're interested in buying some Sparkles by Julie, hop on down to Mei Mei's Signature and grab them before they sell out!
Alternatively, if you live the the US, then visit Julie's etsy store to get your sparkly fix!

Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for my honest opinions. I am not affiliated with Mei Mei's Signature or Sparkles by Julie.

No comments:

Post a Comment