Friday, August 17, 2012

Holo Month Day 3: Layla Retro Pink (and comparison)

Continuing with the Layla Hologram swatches, I'm back with Layla Retro Pink today!

I have to be honest, me and pink polishes, we're not exactly the best of friends. I'm fine with super sheer, french mani pinks, they're really demure and they match EVERY outfit but I don't exactly love brighter pinks. You see, I'm not a very girly-girl and wearing pink anything just isn't me. This baby however, is so holographic, I'm willing to let go of my initial hesitations with pink polish.









This is three coats of Retro Pink and all the pictures were taken under artificial lighting. Seriously, it's so holo I couldn't stop staring at my nails.

I whipped out the only other pink holo polish I have for today's comparison - Ozotic 516. I would describe 516 as a powder puff pink linear holographic polish. It has a Spectraflair-like holographic finish, something different from the ultra fine and ultra smooth finish of Retro Pink, but that doesn't mean it's any less holographic!







Colour-wise, the two look pretty close (even dupish) here but trust me when I say the difference is more prominent in real life. 516 is a paler and less saturated shade of pink than Retro Pink.

This is three coats of each polish, again taken under artificial lighting.





Honestly, I prefer 516 over Retro Pink simply because I know it will chip less quickly and because it's a more wearable shade for me despite the minute colour difference. I think it's just more of a preference. That being said, I still love Retro Pink and will not be getting rid of it any time soon!

Stay tuned for swatches of Ultra Violet!

No comments:

Post a Comment