Thursday, June 7, 2012

OPI NYC Ballet Soft Shades 2012 Collection

I was a good girl (wth the help of my polish buddies) and only got 4 of the 6 polishes from the OPI NYC Ballet Soft Shades 2012 Collection. I didn't get Barre My Soul and You Callin' Me A Lyre?, the two shades that were not as unique as the rest and that I didn't exactly *need*. I still wanted to show you a sheer pink though, so I chose Bubble Bath, the most classic sheer pink that OPI has.

This is (from L-R) 4 coats of Bubble Bath, Care to Danse?, My Pointe Exactly and Don't Touch My Tutu!

I really didn't think I'd have the patience to do 4 coats of polish but the end result was worth it. I love how squishy the polish looks and I can finally say that I now own an office-friendly grey and white polish!

As with jelly polishes, they do tend to apply streaky but waiting for each coat to dry before painting the next, using light strokes to paint, and making sure you have the optimum amount of polish on the brush before painting does help to mininise streaking. I wasn't too worried about the streaks though because I was going to do a layer of Pirouette My Whistle on top.

This is one coat of Pirouette My Whistle over each shade. Pirouette My Whistle is an AWESOME glitter with silfer fine glitter and hex glitter in a clear base. It's like Nubar White Polka Dot but the fine glitter is silver instead of irridescent.

It was quite hard to maneuver the hex glitter to spread out evenly though. With one coat, the most I'd get on most nails was 2 hex glitters so I resorted to taking a toothpick, dipping it in the bottle to grab a hex and then lightly placing the hex on the nail until each nail had a sufficient amount of hex glitters.

Overall, I must say that I was surprised at how much I lvoed this collection. Who knew I'd like sheer colours this much? Even though applying the polishes from this collection did take longer than usual, I really like the softer look!

--------------

In my Giveaway post, I asked you guys for any suggestions / requests and I got some comments asking me to review more local polish. Most of the polish I blog about, like OPI, China Glaze, Essie, etc, are available locally through places like Smoochiezz or DYON International and for your convenience, I've added a "WHERE TO BUY" tab right below my blog banner and also included whether the shop is local or international, as well as what brands I would normally purchase from the respective shops. 

2 comments:

  1. haiz, i've been thinking abt bubble bath and Pirouette My Whistle. hmm, and maybe Don't Touch My Tutu too :(

    the good news is, my office pretty much doesn't care abt polishes! omg, eggcited that i can still wear my greens to work! =)=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can bring them when we meet up next time for you to try, if you want! And I'm really jealous to hear about your office's polish policy! I'm gonna be stuck with boring colours at least on weekdays! :(

    ReplyDelete