Monday, January 28, 2013

China Glaze Hologlam Collection Comparison Swatches

Hey y'all! Thought I'd do a quick comparison post for the China Glaze Hologlam shades. I know you all want as much info as you can get so I'm here to supply you with that information!

Ever since I got my nail swatch sticks, I've been happily swatching my babies and I think I'm a third through my collection. I've swatched my holos, indies and toppers (that includes flakies and glitters) and I'm not really looking forward to starting on the rest because it's gonna be a long project. Back to the sticks, I think they're a great way to catalogue your collection. I'm trying to sort mine by colours and I love how you can rearrange them so if you buy a new shade of polish that's in between two existing shades you own, it's easy to fit the new one in.

The sticks are also fantastic for doing comparisons since I don't have to reswatch anything so today's post is gonna feature my lovely sticks! Hope you guys don't mind that.  

All the pictures were taken indoors, under my table lamp.

Starting with the corals, we have China Glaze TTYL, China Glaze Digital Dawn, China Glaze TMI, China Glaze Not In This Galaxy, Layla Shock Pink and Layla Red Taboo.



Next, we have the magentas. From left to right, Layla Red Taboo, Layla Purple Illusion and China Glaze Infra-Red.



On to the lilacs, we have Color Club Halo-Graphic, China Glaze Astro-Hot and China Glaze Electric Magenta.



For the lavenders, we have Layla Ultra Violet, Color Club Cloud Nine, China Glaze Get Outta My Space and Color Club Fashion Addict.



Moving on to the dusty purples, we haveChina Glaze When Star Collide, Layla Misty Blush and Layla Cloudy Violet.



For the light blues, we have OPI DS Sapphire, Color Club Blue Heaven, Layla Mermaid Spell, FNUG Fusturistica and China Glaze Sci-Fly By.



Moving on to the medium to darker blues, we have China Glaze 2NITE, China Glaze High Def, China Glaze Strap On Your Moonboots, Into The Night (Franken), China Glaze Take A Trek and Glitter Gal Teal Blue.



As requested by Olivia, here is China Glaze DV8 and Take a Trek. DV8 leans more towards a marine blue whereas Take a Trek has a greyer undertone.



Same two polish, taken at an angle to show their holoness.



For the lighter, almost seafoam greens, we have China Glaze Don't Be A Luna-tic, Color Club Angel Kiss and Layla Jade Groove.



And we mustn' forget the olives that are A-England Princess Sabra and China Glaze OMG A UFO.



For the light greys, we've got Daiso #10, China Glaze Cosmic Dust and Layla Flash Black



And last but not least, we've got the charcoal/black holos that are China Glaze Galactic Gray, Color Club Revvvolution, Glitter Gal 10 to Midnight, Layla Flash Black and Jade Magia Negra.



I tried to include quite a few brands of holos in this comparison, like the China Glaze OMGs, Layla Holograms, Jade Holograficos, Color Club Halo Hues and Glitter Gal holos so you can tell how holo the new China Glaze Hologlams are.

I must admit that the aren't as blingy as the holos I've grown to love (Laylas and Color Clubs) but these new Holograms are quite different in terms of how smooth they look. The holo particles and reall extremely fine and honestly, the closest thing to compare them with will be the original OMGs.

As I've mentioned in my first swatch post of the Hologlams, these new China Glazes do dry a smidgen slower than the OMGs or the Laylas. I would say the dry time is comparable to the Halo Hues.

Let me know if you guys wanna see any other comparisons and If I own the polish, I'd gladly take pictures! Till next time!


14 comments:

  1. *jaw drops* this post just made me want everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the CC halo hues are really holo next to everything! But yes, I do like the look of the CG's Holograms, they're so smooth looking, almost holo chrome feel to them? LET'S MEETUP SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say that I loved these photos, someone finally took beautiful pictures to show us!
    :D
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. epic post !! wow wow wow xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Polished Cricket (Christine)January 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM

    You did an amazing job with the swatches! I've got all 12 CC Halo Hues, and I was lemming for the upcoming Hologlams, but now... I must thank you because CG has not wowed me with the new collection. I can spend my nail dollars on more indies! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eliza: Thank you! Grab them before they're totally sold out!

    Candy: YES WE SHOULD!

    Manicure Addict and Debbie: Thank you both so much! I LOVE your blogs and to know you just read my post...I'm having a fan girl moment right now!

    Maíra: Glad you liked the post! :)

    Christine: I want the new Halo Hues and I'm jealous you have em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all your swatches are damn neat! mine's like all over the stick and not the nail hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paint slowly Lynn! And painting the underside helps to keep the polish looking neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all thank you so much for this post. The comparisons are great and very helpful. But they also make it difficult to chose from the gorgeous polishes, because all these polishes are looking fantastic.Could you please add these following comparisons?
    CHG 'Take a Trek' to CHG 'DV8' and Hits 'Apolo' and Hits 'Hera'
    CC 'Angel Kiss' and CHG Don't be a Lunatic to Koh 'Metallic Green'
    CC 'Eternal Beauty' to Ludurana 'Supremo' and Hits 'Dionisio' and Sancion Angel 'Luna'
    CC 'Kismet' to Ludurana 'Superior'
    CHG 'Astro-Hot' and CHG 'Get Outta My Space' to Hits Hestia'

    Thanks in advance :)
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Polish AdventuresApril 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

    Hi Olivia, glad you like the comparisons! Unfortunately, I don't own most of the polish you listed, to do more comparisons. The only ones I could compare was Take A Trek to DV8, which I have updated this post with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much. I hoped that 'Take a Trek' would be more similar to DV8 than it seems on the picture. I guess I will not buy this one now :).
    Thanks again for your help and the comparison :)
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an a amazing post! The pictures are so beautiful:) I find holos so fascinating! I have a couple from the Color Club Halo Hues, but now I need to try some from Layla (a brand I never even heard of). Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this outstanding comparison!

    ReplyDelete