Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dark Holographic Comparison

Yes, I am aware of my holo craze. I do apologize if you're sick of seeing holo posts from me but I still haven't gotten enough of them yet.

Today, I have a comparison of my darker holos. I swatched them on a nail plate because I already had 2 shades painted on previously. As with all holo swatches, please click on the pictures to enlarge them cuz the holo effect will look better! I really wanted to type the names of the polish on the picture itself but my photoshop's a bit cranky today and the text tool is not cooperating with me so I'll just type the names here and I hope you won't get confused!



(L-R) OPI My Private Jet (Holo Version) (which I swatched at BHG despite stares from the OPI lady), my own franken of a holo MPJ, Color Club Revvvolution, TFS BK901 (this one is the charcoal holo, not the OPI Unrippen dupe, because TFS has 2 polishes with the same name) and lastly Glitter Gal Lizard Belly.



Here's a blurry shot so the holo effect is a little more apparent. The others are reversed, from L-R, from the above picture, with Lizard Belly being the first one from the left.

And now it's close-up time!



(L-R) MPJ, Franken, Revvvolution



(Top - bottom) Revvvolution, Franken and MPJ



(L-R) Franken, Revvvolution, BK901 and Lizard Belly



Same order as above.



(L-R) Revvvolution, BK901 and Lizard Belly



(L-R) BK901 and Lizard Belly

Took these last three shots when the sun FINALLY appeared.





Please ignore the blue polish. It was from a previous swatch.



That's what I'm talking about, Lizard Belly!

WOWZA! I'm so happy I did these swatches and here are my mental notes when was doing the swatches and reviewing the pictures:

1) I finally managed to capture some holoness from MPJ! If you have been reading my blog for a while now, you'd know that I came across a magical holo bottle of MPJ at BHG but the sales lady refused to sell it to me so I grew a pair, went back the next day and swatched the damn thing on my nail plate so at least I'd have a momento of it. Because it was rather sheer, the holoness was a bit hard to capture but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the pictures!

2) Again, I have not captured Revvvolution this holographic before! Just look at the second, fifth and sixth pictures! WOW OH WOW! I always thought I owned a dud version but this dud ain't that bad after all!

3)   I'm not sure if Singapore is already selling BK901 because I got my bottle in Malacca. I paid roughly S$10 for it and there was a pink holo for sale there too. Not really a pink polish kinda girl so I gave it a miss. This polish was the lightest and most grey out of the five but it's holoness is probably the best!

4) Lizard Belly was a little weird. In the process of drying, it started to appear matte and I had to fight the urge to touch it immediately and try to wipe it with a cloth or something. Ultimately, it did dry glossy but I just found the whole thing so weird. And it's so hard to capture the holoness of Lizard Belly! It looks so holo irl but my camera just refuses to let Lizard Belly shine! Maybe it's due to how dark Lizard Belly is? I don't know. Oh, and Lizard Belly is actually a really dark green. It looks black in a lot of swatches but trust me when I say it's definitely green.

5) If you don't own any holographic polishes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? The world is so much better with rainbows on your nails!

4 comments:

  1. Now I MUST get Lizard Belly immediately! You're such an enabler!!! :) (wink, wink)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gurrrrl... you've got me lemming TFS (which I generally don't like) and Lizard Belly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah i didn't know tfs sold holo polish. are you by any chance going to order specktra pigments again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Katy: HAHA! I've been lovingly referred to as a polish devil by my good friends who've been tempted to the dark side by my constant need to check out every polish shop I see!

    @A Lacquered Affair: I haven't seen the TFS holo in Singapore before. I got mine in Malacca last year! But if you manage to get the holo version of Revvvolution, it's very similar! It's still in stock at http://www.cherubslips.com/p/nails.html!

    @Lynn: They do! There's a red one too if I'm not wrong! I still have plenty of SF but I'm thinking of getting more! Ever the hoarder! HAHA! The lady in US has both grades in stock now! It was around S$17 for one gram inclusive of shipping and paypal fee the last time I bought from her! Email me if you want to get!

    ReplyDelete