Saturday, January 5, 2013

Color Club Halo Hues

Today I have the Color Club Halo Hues collection to show you! The holo slave in me was extremely excited since the day I saw the photos other nail bloggers took at Cosmoprof and I didn't even have to think about it and I just ordered the entire collection.



Let's get done to the swatches shall we?

Harp On It is the basic silver holo you'll see in every holographic collection. I have a million other silver holos but I like this one. It's not as fussy as Layla Mercury Twilight or Make Up Store Greta and it's not as sheer as Glitter Gal Silver or Ozotic 509. 2 easy coats and you're done!









Cherubic is a subtle nude holo that honestly, I had hope would be more saturated. It looked quite silver and I just wish it would look more nude than sheer. It is a pretty shade though! It's work appropriate but I think I'll be so distracted by it I wouldn't be working at all, just staring at my nails all day.









Halo-graphic is a warm purple holo that will blind you. It reminds me of Nfu Oh #64 quite a bit. It isn't the most unique shade but I do love it! Me and purple holos, we're best pals! 









Cloud Nine is a lilac holographic that reminds me of Layla Ultra Violet. This one is also crazy holo and I think my weakness for purple holos is starting to show. Oooops.









I swatched Halo-graphic and Cloud Nine one after another and I couldn't really tell much of a difference so I decided to do a comparison to show you the two side by side. Here I have Halo-graphic on my index and middle and Cloud Nine on my ring and pinkie. You can see how much cooler Cloud Nine is.



Blue Heaven is a nice pale blue holo shade. It reminds me of a rainbow in a clear blue sky so the name Blue Heaven is a pretty apt name.









Last but not least, we have Angel Kiss, a seafoam-y green holo. It's kinda teal but not really. To me, this is the most unique colour of the collection! I must be honest, all the other colours reminded me of Nfu Oh's holo collection but Angel Kiss is such a gorgeous shade! LOVE LOVE LOVE!









Formula-wise, they were all easy to apply. Two coats were sufficient for all six shades to reach opacity. Some of them were a tiny bit on the thick side but everything was still manageable. Nothing a drop or two of thinner won't fix! I wouldn't say they're as easy to paint as the Glitter Gal and Ozotic holos but they're not as pain in the ass as the Make Up Store holos.

Overall, I think if you don't have too many holo polishes, or if you're CRAZY about holos, this collection is a MUST GET!

3 comments:

  1. Angel Kiss is also my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhahahahah damn i regret!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. High five Candy! And BBBMTL Lynn!!!!

    ReplyDelete