Monday, January 23, 2012

Ten Fingers, Ten Nude Shades

First of all, I'd just to to wish everyone a Happy Lunar New Year! I live in Singapore and most of us celebrate this day so if you are celebrating it too, GONG XI FA CAI! (:

This week, I'm going to show you some nude polishes, and next week, I'll show you some holographic ones! I've actually had quite a few posts done up in anticipation of my busy school semester so at least I can still concentrate on my studies while keeping this blog updated. Gonna finish posting my nude and holo posts before moving on to showing you my normal manicures again. Also, since I won't be painting my nails as often as I did when I was doing the 31 Day Challenge, I'll probably go back to posting at most 3 times a week.

I actually did this swatch a really really long time ago but after transfering the images from my camera to my hard disc, I totally forgot about them until I was looking through the pictures in my hard disc and realised I haven't blogged about these 10 differennt nude shades yet!

Like I said, these pictures were taken a long time ago so I'll try to recall the colours as best as I can. Hopefully I'll name them correctly!




From pinkie to thumb: Essie Jazz, Essie Sand Tropez, OPI Tickle My France-y, Etude House BR307 and Tony Moly TR07. They should all be 2 coats here if I remember right. These are the cooler nude shades from my stash.



From thumb to pinkie: OPI Dulce de Leche, OPI Miso Happy With This Color, Rimmel Barely There, OPI Bare It In Trafalgar Square, OPI Barefoot in Barcelona. 2 coats each, except Miso, which should probably be 3-4 coats! These are the warmer nudes.

I definitely have more nude shades but these few are the better ones! I'm starting to invest in more nudes, just bought myself OPI Samoan Sand, Coney Island Cotton Candy, Let Them Eat Rice Cake, Have a Tempura Tentrum and Essie Topless and Barefoot. I'm preparing my Helmer for the boring nail colours days that are soon approaching (this coming August)!

I think out of the 10 nudes, I really like OPI Barefoot in Barcelona the best. Weird thing is, I've never worn it before! This is what happens when you have a Helmer full of polishes but only 10 fingers! Do you have a favourite nude shade? If so, please share what is it! (:

3 comments:

  1. i want to get let them eat rice cake and have a tempura tentrum too cuz i'm loving miso happy with this colour so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Barefoot in Barcelona and love it! I thought it would too pink for our skin but nope. And it applies so creamily and smoothly. Major love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lynn: I think Tempura Tentrum looks the best on my skintone. I like Miso Happy by itself but it just looks too pink on me! Very not me! Buy from Timtam, she still has stock and her OPIs are geniune!

    @lilacsrip: My mum wore Barefoot and it looks so different on her (she's tanner thanI am) than it does on me! I always considered Barefoot to be brown because I have Dulce de Leche and that one is clearly pinker, so I never realised how pink Barefoot was!

    ReplyDelete