Wednesday, January 4, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 24 (Inspired By a Book)

This was the inspiration / book I chose for today's challenge:



I bought this book a few years back mainly because I had some cash vouchers that were going to expire and this was the best book I could find. I thought it was a pleasant read and it sure was a tearjerker. In fact, I cried everytime Gerry wrote a letter to Holly. Sadly, the movie didn't live up to the book and as much as I loved the casting of Gerard Butler and Jeffrey Dean Morgan in it, I somehow felt Hilary Swank was a weird choice for Holly. Maybe it's just me.

On to the design I chose for my nails:



I used Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau as the light blue base and white acylic paint for the polka dots. For the accent finger, I chose to do a pink bow by mixing a tiny bit of red into the white acrylic paint I used for the polka dots.



My book had a different cover from the one I used as my inspiration but I took a picture with it anyways!
That's all for today's challenge, see you tomorrow for the Fashion challenge!

5 comments:

  1. im back cos i really like this design (: (: its so pretty! did you see the one this girl did for 'diary of a wimpy kid'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I wanted to do the flowers at the side of the ribbon but I didn't have enough space! Yes I saw it, Cheryl did it right? Really coo but I wanted to cheat and do something simpler!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that one! SO INTERESTING! i like both of yalls! i saw one that did marley and me... not sure if its her. nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's her movie challenge! Should be her, the one with the dog footprints right!

    ReplyDelete