Sunday, January 8, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 27 (Inspired By Artwork)

I initially wanted to use Van Gogh's The Starry Night but quite a few bloggers have used it for this challenge so I browsed through Van Gogh's other paintings and I chose Vincent's Bedroon in Arles for my inspiration.



Instead of trying to paint the entire painting on my nails, what I did was to choose 5 elements of the painting and paint them on each nail.



On my thumb, I picked out the chair in the lower left corner. For my index, it was the green towel hanging in the wall. the window in the middle of the painting's on my middle finger. As for my ring finger, I chose the painting hanging on the wall and lastly, the bed is on my pinkie.

I'm not wearing a top coat because I wanted my nails to look like it was really painted with all the textures and an uneven finish. Sadly, I do think my effort ended up looking very juvenile, especially the bed on my pinkie due to the lack of shading but I was really tired and the lighting in my living room isn't as good as painting my nails under my table lamp in my room!

Polish used:
Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau
China Glaze First Mate
China Glaze Lemon Fizz
Cult Nails Awakening
Green, black, red, yellow and blue acrylic paint

Alrighties, inspired by a flag is up next and I'm pretty excited to do that challenge because I've always wanted to do union jack nails but have never gotten down to doing it. See you tomorrow then!

No comments:

Post a Comment