Friday, August 24, 2012

Holo Month Day 9: Layla Hologram Effect Nail Polish Swatches (and round up)



I finally manged to catch a glimpse of sunlight so here's a quick swatch of the eight Layla Hologram Effects in sunlight! I thought I'd also provide a brief "summary" of the Layla Holograms at the end. Read on for that.
All swatches were three coats of each polish and taken in direct sunlight.



From L-R: Mercury Twilight, Coral Glam, Retro Pink, Ultra Violet



From L-R: Jade Groove, Mermaid Spell, Ocean Rush and Flash Black



From L-R: Mercury Twilight, Coral Glam, Retro Pink, Ultra Violet



From L-R: Jade Groove, Mermaid Spell, Ocean Rush and Flash Black

They were already holo enough in artificial lighting and HOLY MOLY, THEY'RE ALL SO HOLO IN THE SUNLIGHT, I CAN DIE!

Application: I did three coats of all the Layla Holograms in all my swatches. I didn't use an aqua base as I normally would with such polishes because I don't feel it helps prolong the wear of the polish on my nails anyway. I did buff my nails to a shine before polishing though, as recommended on the Layla website. The polish does appear matte for the first few seconds they're on your nails but they dry extremely holographic so don't worry if that happens. I did experience some bald spots and some VNL, which was why I did three coats of polish to even things out as well as to bring out the true colour of the polish. But overall, application was pretty okay. The only suggestion I'd give is to wait for each coat to dry before painting on the next to reduce streaking/bald spots.

Wear: As with most super smooth holographic polishes (China Glaze OMG collection, Make Up Stores holos and Nfu Oh holos), I did encounter more significant tipwear with the Laylas holos than regular polish. This being said, the Laylas have held up the best so far among the bunch, considering I was wearing them sans base and top coat. I did take showers with the polish on and they lasted so that says A LOT about the staying power of the Laylas. I know it sounds lame for polish to chip so easily but I experienced chipping with Make Up Store Greta while I was sleeping.

Final thoughts: I LOVE THESE LAYLAS. I am a lover of holographic polishes and I was extremely excited to be able to grab such linear (and smooth) holo polishes at a decent price (compared to the crazy sky-high ebay price of China Glaze OMGs)! I love these so much that I'm already eyeing the next eight Layla Holograms. I need them all. I want to have a Layla Hologram family in my Helmer.
Hope you enjoyed the Layla Hologram series! Since I've got a couple more holos on their way, I've decided to do Holo Month here on My Polish Adventures. I think for the next month, this site should be renamed My Holo Polish Adventures! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment