Monday, August 6, 2012

piCture pOlish Orbit

Orbit is one of the three new Mesh shades from piCture Polish and it's the last of the three piCture pOlishes that I recently hauled and this one was a no brainer. Quite simply put, it was a BBBMTL (Buy Buy Buy Mai Tu Liao for all you hokkien speakers, or loosely translated to just buy, don't wait any longer if you don't understand Hokkien) polish for me.



Same thing with Amethyst and Denim, orbit came with a QR code that will lead to Star Trinkets, where I got my piCture pOlish babies from.



Orbit actually reminded me of Essie Starry Starry Night, a VHTF Essie that I have resigned to never owning so I thought Orbit would be a good polish to own to satisfy my SSN lemming.





Silver and blue glitter amidst an indigo base. What's not to love? Especially with my love of galaxies, nebulas and the night sky.

This is two coats of Orbit with no top coat.









Here's a super close up shot of Orbit. I love how there's a blue glow behind the silver glitter! Makes the polish look even more intergalactic, don't you think?



Here, I'm wearing a top coat over Orbit on my index and middle fingers and no top coat on my ring finger and pinkie. Somehow the top coat makes the polish appear bluer and more intense.




This is with a top coat on all my nails.





Of course, with any glitter polish, a matte top coat ALWAYS makes the glitter stand out more so on went a layer of Essie Matte About You!





Ironic how a matte top coat makes the glitters shine even more right? This picture convinced me that Orbit was worth every single cent.





I actually had to do very minimal clean up for this manicure and I'm attributing it to piCture pOlish's brush, which I'm slowly but surely falling in love with. PP's brush might not be as wide as OPI's pro-wide brush but it fans out nicely and that definitely helped with the polishing!

Brushes from left to right: Picture Polish, Essie, OPI, China Glaze



As you can see, PP's brush is the shortest (from end of the cap to tip of the brush) out of the bunch so it was easier to control my brush strokes and I think that was the main contributing factor to the neater swatches.
I haven't been this happy with an entire haul in a long time so my recent piCture pOlish haul has been quite "fulfilling"!

Stay tuned for my Olympic Mani for Polish Days that's coming next! :)

2 comments:

  1. I let this one off my wish list...oh no...seems like I may regret...Thanks for swatching it!
    Essie's brush sticks out like a sore thumb. They really should add more 'meat' to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the swatches! Orbit really is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete