Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Holo Month Day 1: Layla Mercury Twilight (and comparison)

As you may know, I hauled the first eight of the Layla Holograms in March and I haven't exactly gone down to swatching these GORGEOUS holographics polishes properly so here's a start!

Today we have Layla Mercury Twilight, a silver holographic polish that will just bling you out of your mind. If you don't own a silver linear holo baby, get this one. It's probably easier to get than GOSH Holographic, China Glaze OMG, Nfu Oh #61 or Make Up Store Greta.

This is three coats, without any base or top coat. I did buff my nails to a shine though, because that's what's recommended on the Layla site.







KAPOW! All these pictures were taken under artificial lighting and they're already so holographic. I can only imagine how they'd look under sunlight (which sadly, I'm not getting in Singapore because of the on-again-off-again rain we've been experiencing).



I didn't bother digging my Helmer for Glitter Gal Silver, Color Club Worth the Risque and order less-smooth silver holographic polishes, since I have Nfu Oh #61 and Make Up Store Greta. They would make a better comparison against Mercury Twilight anyway! :)

This is three coats of Mercury Twilight, two coats of #61 and three coats of Greta.





My bottle of #61 is the newer formulation so it's less holo than the older version and as you can see, #61 just pales in comparison to Mercury Twilight. Greta has a slightly smoother finish than Mercury Twilight and I think that's why the different colours in Greta's holo rainbow blend together more and is less vibrant. You can't really see it in my swatches but this post captures the differences better! The last couple of times I swatches Greta, it chipped like mad (it chipped while I was sleeping o.O) so I'm hoping Mercury Twilight will wear a little better on my nails!

Swatches of Coral Glam will be next so stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment