Thursday, August 2, 2012

piCture pOlish Amethyst by Star Trinkets

The moment I laid eyes of Amethyst, I knew I HAD TO HAVE IT, and when I found out that Susan (a dear friend of mine, Hello Susan if you're reading this!!!) from StarTrinkets and TheSubtleShimmer was the one behind this shade, I had to had Amethyst even more.



According to Susan, she thought that Denim needed a sibling and after some correspondence with piCture pOlish, Amethyst was born! I particularly love the description "guards againsts intoxication" of Amethyst on the bottle. Actually, to be honest, it was a little ironic because after seeing this baby up close, I was even more intoxicated by its beauty!



Ohohoh, here's a new thing that I'm finding extremely wicked! The new bottles from piCture pOlish come with a QR Code sticker stuck to the side of the bottle and scanning the code will lead you right to the shop selling it. In this case, I tried and was thoroughly amused, cheap thrill I guess, that scanning this code led me to Susan's shop! Go try it for yourself!





Can you see the bee-yee-eh-you-tiful blue shimmer and silvery flakes from these two close up bottle shots? Click on them to see the gorgeousness up close! They remind me of a mermaid's tail.

Amethyst was surprisingly opaque and I only needed two coats. I was busy swatching the Layla Holograms which mostly needed three coats and I guess I got so used to applying three coats of polish that I was a little taken aback at how pigmented Amethyst was! The formula was a bit on the thicker side but it was still very easy to work with.









GAHHHH, I'm in love!



And for my last shot, I wanted to show you Amethyst at an angle so you can see the shimmer and flakes a little better! I promise you that it's well worth clicking to enlarge the picture!

After seeing these swatches of Amethyst, I'm super eggcited to try out Denim now! :)
-------
If you would like to purchase piCture pOlish Amethyst by Star Trinkets, it is available exclusively on Star Trinkets (in Singapore) for S$16.50 (~US$13.20; the Singapore Dollar is rather strong against the USD now). Susan is currently offering free international shipping for orders above S$80. Alternatively, you can also purchase it directly from piCture pOlish.

2 comments:

  1. Susan StarTrinketsAugust 2, 2012 at 9:13 AM

    You're so quick to swatxh and post this! Thank you! So glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's because Amethyst was so pretty I couldn't wait to swatch it! :)

    ReplyDelete