Friday, August 31, 2012

Holo Month Day 11: Ozotic 509

Whoohooo! I managed to survive my first week of work. We had an intensive crash course this week (my brain's suffering from information overload now) and I hope I manage to pass the test they made us take just now! In celebration of my first week of work, I have Ozotic 509 to show you!

Ozotic 509 is a sheer silver holographic polish that can be built up to be worn on its own or used as a holo top coat. I've been contemplating getting 509 for quite a while now, since I do own quite a few similar polishes (read: Glitter Gal Silver and a holo SF top coat franken) but after hearing about Ozotic discontinuing their 500 series, I decided to grab a bottle just in case.

Here, I have one coat of 509 to show you how sheer it is.



It is sheer with one coat but otherwise, it's still blingtastic.



Since I have rather short nails, I only needed two coats of 509 in the pictures below, to get away with almost no VNL.







Here's a slightly blurry shot so the holoness burns even brighter!







I mentioned earlier on that 509 could function as a holographic topcoat so here, I have one coat of 509 layered over a random black polish, OPI Ski Teal We Drop, Essie School of Hard Rocks and Misa Coffee Pick Me Up.





Formula-wise,when I painted 509 to be worn on its own, I thought its formula was divine. Not to thin, not too thick and so easy to control. However, for use as a holo top coat, I have to admit that it was a little too thick for my liking. It is holo max, don't get me wrong but it also significantly dulled the base colour of the four polishes and made them appear more silvery.

I'd suggest adding a couple drops of thinner if you're intending to use 509 as a holo top coat. I do prefer my holo top coats to apply thinner so I'm stickingto my holo top coat franken (Spectraflair + clear polish) for now. I have heard that 509 is great for frankening holo polishes though so if you have a bottle to spare, that's something you can do.

This polish does remind a lot of Glitter Gal Silver in terms of consistency and appearance but considering I paid almost the same price for both and Ozotic's bottle is 14ml vs Glitter Gal's 9ml, I'd say Ozotic wins base on price point. Otherwise, I have no preference between the two.

If I'm not mistaken, Star Trinkets should still have 509 in stock so you can head down and grab yourself a bottle before it runs out!

No comments:

Post a Comment