Thursday, August 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Singapore!

Happy National Day people! Today's the 9th August and it's Singapore's 47th birthday so I thought I'd do a National Day mani in celebration!

I've always been fascinated by the men (and the occasional women) who come parachuting out of helicopters during the National Day Parade so I wanted to incorporate that into my mani. Needless to say, the fireworks is always my favourite part of the parade so I had to have a fireworks nail too!



I used Orly Snowcone as the blue base for the sky on my index finger, China Glaze Hey Sailor for the red on the Singapore flag on my middle finger, China Glaze Meteor Shower (it's a pity the fireworks covered up all the beautiful glitter!) for the night sky on my ring finger and Elianto White (my HG white polish) for my pinkie. All the other details were drawn freehand with acrylic paint.

Here's a close up of the nail art!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!

Hope all you Singaporean readers out are having a fabulous National Day so far! Enjoy the holiday! :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the fireworks and the parachute guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was quite an enjoyable nail art to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Lacquered AffairAugust 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM

    Captured all the exciting parts of the National Day Parade! Such a fun looking mani, brilliant job on the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent nail art! Wow wow wow:) What brushes do you use for those sharp detailed symbols? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lauretta!

    Fashionlily: I use a normal thin art brush that I cut down to make it skinnier! Robinmoses has a tutorial on that! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFwiikeDITA Here it is! :)

    ReplyDelete