Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Holo Month Day 7: Layla Ocean Rush (and comparison)

Hey there! Today, I have swatches of Layla Ocean Rush for you all. Ocean Rush is the darker of the two blues and it's also the most opaque polish in the Hologram collection. I was surprised I managed to get a good finish (with no bald spots) in just two coats!

This is two coats of Ocean Rush, taken under my table lamp.







Somehow I find that Ocean Rush seems too saturated and in a way caused the holographic effect of the polish to "blend" in with its colour, resulting in an ultra smooth finish. I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way though.

For today's comparison, I have Ozotic 515, a medium blue holo, much like Ocean Spell, except it has a "rougher" holo effect than the Layla. However, 515 makes up for it by burning brighter, as it has a more vibrant holo rainbow and you can see the red and orange in the rainbow better.

Here is two coats of each polish, again taken under artificial lighting (i.e. my table lamp).







GOSH, blue holos really own a large chunk of my polish soul! I just can't get over how holo the Layla Hologram collection has been so far! Stay tuned for the last of the proper Layla swatches, where I'll be showing you Flash Black, the charcoal holo that's got everyone raving about.

By the way, do you notice anything different about my pictures? *Ahem* my new "watermark" *ahem* I've been considering placing a watermark on all my pictures for a very long time and decided it was too time and space consuming to do so in the past but seeing how I needed to photoshop most of my pictures (crop, colour correct and sometimes add in the occasional comparison texts), adding a phrase would only take up just a few more seconds.

Of course there's an issue of having two sets of the same pictures (the original and the edited versions) and the extra space that would require but I'll deal with that later. Any opinions from you girls about the new watermark or how I should deal with the two sets of pictures? Should I just save all the changes onto the original copy (instead of save-as) so I only keep one copy ultimately? Let me know! :)

3 comments:

  1. the watermark's sooooooo tiny i didn't even notice it!!! just keep the edited one lah! hahah i cheat though, i edit using my phone so i just send it to my email and then i delete everything else! it's all saved in the email so u save plenty of space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think just keeping the editing copy is good enough (: At least that's what I do with my pictures. I had Ocean Rush on my nails over the weekend and I loved it! It's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn: My intentions were to make the watermark subtle so that the focus of the picture will still be on the polish. I'm still looking through a couple of blogs and their photos to see what's the best watermark position to ultimately use!

    Lilacrisp: Thanks for the advice. I do like keeping original copies of my photos so I think I'm gonna store the edited ones in a separate folder from the original! :)

    ReplyDelete