Saturday, August 18, 2012

Holo Month Day 4: Layla Ultra Violet (and comparison)

Purple holographic polish. Three words that will always make my heart skip a beat. Seriously, how do you not drool when you see this?

This is three coats of Layla Ultra Violet, taken in artificial lighting.









Love. Love. Love.

I dug around my Helmer a bit for light purple holographic polishes for this comparison and I came to a conclusion that I do not own enough light purple holos.

This is 3 coats of Ultra Violet, 3 coats of DS Original and 2 coats of my SF franken Copy Cat (a play on DS Original, in case you didn't catch that one).





I hunted around for DS Original for the longest time and I was so happy when I finally managed to buy it from Gwen (a fellow Singaporean blogger), who had a spare bottle and was kind enough to sell it to me! DS Original has a more spectraflair finish as compared to the super smooth finish that Ultra Violet has and somehow the holo effect on DS Original appears warmer and brighter. Colour-wise, Ultra Violet is definitely cooler.

As for Copy Cat, I used a finer grade Spectraflair when I was frankening the shade (SF-14) so the particles are smaller and give off a smoother finish. I also added a few drops of China Glaze Millenium to give it a somewhat frosty finish. It actually is pretty holo as can be seen here so you can only imagine how holo Ultra Violet is!

You know what? I'm going to go out on a limp here and say this is my favourite polish out of the eight Laylas I have shown / will be showing you. What can I do? My defenses are so weak when it comes to purple holos.

Stay tuned for Jade Groove though! I may not love it as much as I love Ultra Violet but it's still kickass nonetheless! See you then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment