Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Polish Days: Olympics

Another month, another Polish Days "challenge" and this time, it's the Polish Olympics!



I started my mani with four white nails (Elianto White, my HG white polish) and one matte black nail (ManGlaze Matte is Murder)....



And after two hours, and lots of tiny strokes of acrylic paint, this was what I managed to whip up!





On my thumb, I decided to do the London Olympics logo. I love how they incorporated the Olympics logo into the word London! Absolute genuis! I meant to write "Olympics" with an S but I ran out of space...oh well.



I also wanted to paint something to represent the UK and since I've already painted the Union Jack twice, here and here, I thought I'd change it up and do either the London Eye or the Big Ben, and then I came across this picture! JACKPOT! They both don't even look like the real thing but after staring at them for a while, I started to think they look rather abstract! Perhaps it's just wishful thinking? 



I just HAD to paint the Singapore flag and oh my polished lord, the five stars were crazy to paint. All I can say is I tried!



This next nail shows the silver, gold and bronze medals (from left to right). I had wanted to just paint the bronze medal since Feng Tian Wei just won the bronze medal for table tennis (I did this nail art in advance) but decided against it because three medals are always better than one right? ;)



And for this last nail, I decided to paint the sport Singapore's been best at for quite a while now and that's table tennis! In fact, Feng Tianwei, our national table tennis player just won a Bronze medal at the 2012 Olympics. CONGRATS TIANWEI!!! The matte black background is supposed to represent a table tennis table and the white and green lines are the net, and then of course there's a paddle and a ball.



So there you go, that's my Polish Olympics mani for you! :)



If you haven't gotten your Olympic mani fix yet, then check out the other Olympic manis that all deserve awards!

A Lacquered Affair
Alexis - Glitter Tips
Chiro - Nail of This Week
Cuti-CLUE-les
Hannah - Polly Polish
Heidi - Pretty Painted Nails
Inky - Inky Polisholicious
Ishah - Ishah X Beauty
Jen - The Nail Polish Project
Jenny - Beauty By Jenny
Jessica - Sparkles & Shine Nails
Joanna - The Treasure Chest
Kat - Hooked on Polish
Kate - Polish Cart
Keisha - Refined & Polished
Maria - So Marvellous
Melissa - The Crimson Petal
Mihaela - Lacquer Buzz
Nail Tart
Nicole - Nearly Nailed
Pris - Pris Nails
Sabine - My Polish Stash
Samantha - Polished Art
Sammy - The Nailasaurus
Sophia - Unhas a Trois
Stephanie - Sincerely Stephanie
Wendy - Wendy's Delights

8 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Lacquered AffairAugust 8, 2012 at 3:30 AM

    You're really nifty with the brush!! Your freehand skills are so precised! And great job with the Singapore flag. The stars, although pretty, are always a put off to attempt, but you've done it!
    And yay for 2 Bronzes for Singapore (not sure what the other one's for...I've not been following).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Wendy! Love your cloud mani! Got to try that one out some time soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Lauretta, the Singapore flag...I almost wanted to give up halfway. The two bronzes were both for table tennis! Women's Singles and Team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your Singaporean flag in the thumbnails and had to come and check it out! I'm half Singaporean :D Love your details, looks like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Lacquered AffairAugust 8, 2012 at 3:51 PM

    Good thing you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what amazing detail! I don't have the patience for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Rachel! I was watching Boston Legal while painting my nails so I guess that helped! :)

    ReplyDelete