Sunday, April 14, 2013

Color Club Halo Hues 2013

I've been trying to resist the six new Color Club Halo Hues 2013 but the moment I saw them at Dyon International yesterday afternoon, I was sold.

The holo hoarder in my strikes again!



Kismet is a pale gold holo and it's one of the palest gold holos I have seen. It's pretty unique and since it's not too saturated, it'd pretty much go with most skin tones. It's also a work appropriate shade so all the better.



As I've said, Kismet is quite pale compared to the other gold holos I own. Jade Mystic Gold is obviously more saturated and Layla Gold Idol is just a tad richer though formula wise, I'd pick Kismet over Gold Idol in a heartbeat.



Cosmic Fate is a pinkish copper toned shade and I honestly thought it'd be more copper than pink but the pinker undertone was a nice surprise. It makes the shade daintier. This is probably my favourite out of the six because of its unique shade. Again, this one is also super work appropriate so you don't have to worry about bosses or clients complaining about your nails. Unless they're jealous, of course!



I have such a special spot in my heart (and Helmer) for pinkish copper holos and the other two have nothing on Cosmic Fate. Holoness wise, Cosmic Fate wins, just edging out Ozotic 522 but an eyelash (is that a good metaphor? HAHA!).



Miss Bliss is the lady of the collection. She's the pink one and I don't wear pink often but Miss Bliss ins't too pinky pink (if you know what I mean) so I'm still loving this baby. It also doesn't hurt how holo she is!



At maximum holoness, Miss Bliss looks pretty similar to Halo-graphic.



But holoness aside, you can see that Halo-graphic is the paler of the two.



Eternal Beauty is a heart stopper. Purple holos always are. I don't think I need to say anything more, do I? ;)



Eternal Beauty is pretty different from Cloud Nine, the purple holo from the first Halo Hues collection. The closest thing I have is Jade Fascinio Violeta but it is a tad lighter and less saturated than Eternal Beauty.



My my baby blue, I've been thinking bout you. Over the Moon is the...POW WOW!



Over the Moon is close to FNUG Futuristica but seriously, nothing can compete with Futuristica in terms of holoness. My picture doesn't show it but trust me.



Blue Heaven from the original Halo Hues is paler than Over the Moon so no dupes here.





And finally, we have come to the gem of the collection. Beyond is beyond amazing. It's a black holo. A BLACK HOLO. Not a charcoal holo but a black holo. In case you have no idea why I'm raving about a black holo, please let me enlighten you. Typically, when you add spectraflair or any holo particles to any shade, it becomes lighter, paler and greyer so when a black holo polish is made, it is a rare thing.



The only other black holo I know of is Jade Magia Negra (which I think translate to Magic Black) and it is the blackest holo that exists unless you use a spectraflair top coat over a black base. Beyond is only a tiny tiny bit paler and for the price difference, Beyond triumphs Magia Negra.



Formula wise, I used two coats for all six shades. These six new Halo Hues applied wonderfully and I didn't need an aqua base at all. They were admittedly a little think but it's nothing a little bit of thinner can't fix.

Hope you guys enjoyed the swatches and comparisons!

No comments:

Post a Comment