Thursday, January 12, 2012

MAC Blue India and Comparisons

OH YES, YOU READ RIGHT. MAC FRIGGIN BLUE INDIA. And this didn't even cost me as much as I thought it would so double yay! (:

A few weeks back, Candy sent me an email requesting for a comparison swatch between Sally Hansen Gray by Gray, MAC Blue India and Essie Bobbing for Baubles, and I decided since I'm gonna swatch my precious, I might as well throw in some similar shades too.



L-R: Tony Moly Indian Blue, Sally Hansen Gray by Gray, Blue My Mind (my own franken), Mac Blue India and Essie Bobbing for Baubles



The closest of the five are Gray by Gray and Blue My Mind.The latter is a tad greener though. Just a tad.
Gonna show you individual swatches first before the comparison.



This is Tony Moly Indian Blue. I'm not even lying about the name. On the bottle, it only says TR11 but when I checked my receipt, I saw the name Indian Blue. I mean seriously? Come up with a more original name! Two coats here. I love Tony Moly's formula. Real nice and buttery to apply. They just glide on!



Sally Hansen Gray by Gray. I wanted this the moment I saw it on ALU, being compared to Blue India. Sadly, my bottle had swirls in it, like the pigments weren't blended together. And it caused streaks when I painted it on my nail. Grey streaks. It isn't that obvious but close up, OMG, the horror! I'm cringing! Colour-wise though, lovely colour. The tappered brush is similar to Rimmel's brush and it does miraculously help me to paint neater. Wearing two coats here.



My gorgeous franken Blue My Mind. See how much more original my franken's name is than Indian Blue! This baby's formula is great, applies like butter, isn't too thick and best thing ever? It's a one coater.



The star of the show, or rather, post, MAC Blue India! This was two coats but I have a teeny tiny bald spot so maybe three coats would have been better. I'd still wear two coats though, probably with a ridge filler below to make it apply more opaque. This one had the jelly-est consistency of the bunch.



Essie Bobbing for Baubles. Deep blue polish that applied well with 2 coats. Very hot colour! I'm waiting to get Essie's Luxeffects and layer them on this baby! I must save up because Smoochiezz will be having a booth at Jurong Point when school reopens so I NEED TO SAVE MONEYYYYY!



Thumb to pinkie: Indian Blue, Gray by Gray, Blue My Mind, Blue India and Bobbing for Baubles.



Same order but from a slightly different angle. The colour is slightly more accurate here.



These three are so close to each other. Gray by Gray, Blue My Mind and Blue India. So so close. Which means my franken was pretty darn close! :D

Blue My Mind is greener than Blue India and Gray by Gray is greyer. Blue India is, well, bluer than the two, so technically, no dupes here but for all normal-people-who-are-not-polish-addicts purposes, you don't need all of them.

I got my Blue India on ebay and Gray by Gray from the US, just in case you're wondering.
Okay, going on my one week break now! See you!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comparison! I'm not in a hurry to get Essie's flakie, now that practically every nail polish brand is going to release a flakie for the coming year, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the flakie but the rest! As Gold As It Gets, Set in Stone and A Cut Above! So far I've only seen Shine of Times at Smoochiezz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get As Gold As It Gets! That shall the gift then! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! Is it nice? I scared I'll grow out of it! Like I'm in a very decorative top coat phase now, which will prob last a few months, like all my phases do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really pretty, but hahah, I'm not the one in a decorative topcoat phase! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA! I've been stalking Smoochiezz at JP until the girl can recognise me already! So embarrassing can! I've been waiting for the Essie Luxeffects to be restocked and now I'm only short of A Cut Above, which they didn't have there but they're website has! D: Buying from their website is $2 more ex cuz of postage, etc! :((

    ReplyDelete