Thursday, February 23, 2012

CNY Nails

I know I'm SOOOOO late to the CNY manicure party but better late than never right? (;

This was the manicure I did for my grandma for CNY. She wanted a dark red polish and I suggested doing a gold glitter gradient to bling things up.







I used Sally Hansen Brick Wall for the red base and TFS YL702 for the gold glitter gradient.
My grandma really liked the manicure and she told me she got quite a few compliments and my aunt even asked which manicure shop she got her nails done at!

Now, onto my CNY nails...





I bought a red dress to wear on the first day of CNY and I didn't want to look like one huge red packet with red nails so I chose to go with subtle nude nails and decided on OPI Barefoot in Barcelona. Then while I was watching the CNY show on Channel 8, I found out that black was my lucky colour and we all know wearing black during CNY isn't all that auspicious so I added some black polka dots on my thumb and ring finger. Normally, I'd just do an accent mani on my ring finger but I included the thumb as well. Some people do that too and it's been more commonly known as the Blackberry accent mani because you'd use your thumbs to type and it'll draw more attention!

I've never worn Barefoot in Barcelona before and I really like it on me! My mum had previously requested it for her pedi and Barefoot looked quite different on her because she's much tanner than I am. Funny how polish looks so different on people with different skin tones but I'm glad it still worked out fine for me! I also love how subtle the polka dots were (I think partly because I used a smaller dotting tool this time for the dots) and it's be a good way to spice up those boring nudes I'll be stuck wearing for work, without catching too much attention from the drescode patrol people at work!

Also, I couldn't resist taking a picture of my Blackberry mani with my darling BBB!

6 comments:

  1. I did red nails for my mum too! But it was OPI Malaga Wine, and Essence Time for Romance either very sheerly all over her nails, or just at the tips, can't rmb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted Malaga Wine because it's one of those classic reds by OPI! I also just bought Time for Romance after seeing your swatching but I needed almost 5 coats for it to be opaque! D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah, yeah, I call it the SIA red, coz that's what the SIA girls wear! As for Time for Romance, that's weird, because my bottle managed to distribute the glitters evenly (without much effort that is), so it was opaque really quickly.

    I wanna get another Essence colour after Scrangie's swatch!
    http://www.scrangie.com/2012/02/essence-colour-go-in-irreplaceable.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look thats really awesome I am so glad I got that red by sally hansen just bought her latest one too just as nice just a different shade red.HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bought 'Time for Romance' too but i haven't gotten arnd t swatching it. i think i better check it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Candy: I'm pretty sure I saw Irreplaceable selling at Sunplaza the last time I went there!

    @Esteedaria: I love it too! It covers so perfectly and it's perfect! The brush, the polish, the formula!

    @Tess: I swatched Time for Romance on my glass cabochon and held it against the light so perhaps that's why I needed 5 coats for it to be opaque. You probably won't do that with your nails so 3 coats would be enough, like in Candy's swatch!

    ReplyDelete