Thursday, December 8, 2011

November's Haul

My friend has been chasing me to do this haul post and I've been busy with interviews and my course registration for school so I apologize for the lag.



Top row: Nail Tek Foundation II, Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat, OPI Samoan Sand, Coney Island Cotton Candy, Miso Happy With This Color, Let Them Have Rice Cake, Have a Tempura Tan-trum, Nantucket Mist and Baguette Me Not

Bottom Row: Glitter Gal Liazrd Belly, Green and Silver, China Glaze Millennium, Sally Hansen Grey Area, Orly Fowl Play, Nubar Dark Wash, Boyfriend Jeans and Faded Jeans

Sorry I only have one picture for November but I'm gonna break it down and gice you my comments on the polishes now!

Nail Tek Foundation II: I got this because there is this GINORMOUS crack in the middle of my toe nail that refuses to grow out and I just wanted something that would be able to help bond the layers together. And it seems to be working. Plus it dries a bit mirky so it's a great base coat for sheer polishes! It really makes a difference!

Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat: I wanted something other than SV or Poshe that could dry relatively quickly and after reading nunerous good reviews on this one, I decided to buy it during the Watsons Sale so I think I got it at 20% off. BUT boy, this is a horrible top coat. You cannot paint it over wet nails because the polish will adhere to the brush and I think becuase it has a thin consistency, you're supposed to use thin coats, unlike how I would apply SV with a bead of polish on the tip of the brush. You have to apply this like a sheer polish, in a really thin coat and that means no wet polish underneath. You can apply thick coats of this but let me just tell you, it will not dry. Don't you think it defeats the purpose of having a quick dry top coat if you can't paint it over wet polish? By the time I can paint the top coat on, my polish would be dried already, thereby eliminating the need for this quick dry top coat! -.- And the worst thing is I gave it another chance. I was doing my nail wheel designs and I let my design dry for two hours before putting on this top coat to seal the designs and it still smeared my design!!!! I even gave it a THIRD chance, letting another design dry ONE WHOLE DAY and it still smeared the design. If I lived in the US, I would have brought it back to the store to enchange it by now but Revlon in lucky we don't have such liberal exchange policies here in Singapore!

OPI nudes (from Samoan Sand to Have a Tempura Tan-trum): I've been really into nudes because of how work appropriate, cough *boring* cough, they are and how I'd be able to get some good use out of them once I start work. I actually really like these nudes and I've already swatched them up and done a review post that I will publish after I complete my 31 Day Challenge so look out for that!

OPI Nantucket Mist: Yes, you read right, NANTUCKET MIST. One of my most coveted polishes! I had my nails painted in this colour last Christmas when I went for a mani at Far East Plaza and I've been hunting high and low for this baby ever since. I actually found a bottle on eBay and I paid S$20.28 for it including shipping here and it's on its way now. I was already so happy to be able to own a bottle but a few days later, I found out that Timtam had 2 bottles of Nantucket Mist on her blog so I immediately got another bottle as backup since I love this colour so much!

OPI Baguette Me Not: This is another backup I got from Timtam. I bought my original bottle from eBay too but I paid around $13, which is reasonable considering it's discontinued. I decided to get another bottle and I gave it to my mum! It's my secret backup bottle too! HAHA!

Glitter Gal Lizard Belly, Green and Silver: THESE BABIES ARE SOOOOO HOLOGRAPHIC YOU NEED SUNGLASSES TO LOOK DIRECTLY AAT THEM! I got them at meimeisignatures. They're 9ml bottles, which makes them smaller than your average 15ml bottles and they are a little pricey ($19.90 per bottle) but I got them during the 30% off sale so they will just a little more affordable! The hoo effect though, is really really naise.

China Glaze Millennium: Got this as a backup (yes, another backup!) for stamping! Apparently I bought the last bottle off Naivibe and Cheryl is a little sad I got the last one! I will help you keep a look out for it okay Cheryl!

Sally Hansen Grey Area: WHOOOO! I was frantic when I saw this at Watsons during the sale! I took the last bottle actually. Ever since I saw it on shortnchic, I wanted it but because we have a limited selection of colours from the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear line here, I kinda forgot all about it until I saw it. But I visited the Watsons as Eastpoint just the other day and they have plenty of stock there so I think you should be able to find it pretty easily if you like the colour!

Orly Fowl Play: ANOTHER backup! I only got a backup of it cuz it's a pretty close dupe for Merry Midnight and I never ever feel like wearing Merry Midnight because of how precious it is so now I can wear Fowl Play as often as I want!

Nubar Jeans Collection: I reviewed the colours here and they're really close to the Chanel Les Jeans collection so it's quite a bummer because the three of them combined cost less than ONE Chanel! :(((

So that's November's Haul for you! Anyway, just want to add that I'm really really interested in doing nails during fleas and I've been decorating my nail wheels (I only have 15 designs so far so technically, it's nail wheel, singular) so if any of you are interested in sharing a booth with me, drop me a comment and maybe we can work things out! (:

5 comments:

  1. ohmygosh where do you get all your opis from

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all these OPIs from Timtam. Her link is alr provided in the post itself! Normally I get them from elsewhere but considering most of these are discontinued polishes, I bought them from Timtam at a slightly higher price than what I'd normally pay for OPI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicee! if you have a flea to do manicures, i'll prob drop by~! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. manicure flea sounds interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Candy and Lynn: Wanna do together? Although I don't really know how to go about renting a spot! :(

    ReplyDelete