Friday, December 23, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 16 (Tribal)

I was wearing Chanel Blue Boy and Blue Rebel a few months ago and when I had them on, I decided to do some nail art.I hope you guys won't stone me for using a $2 Daiso white nail art polish to paint over my Chanel nails but I couldn't resist doing a tribal pattern! I kinda knew back then that I already wanted to do this challenge so I kept this mani for Day 16!

The lines weren't as clean as I hoped for but this is rather close up so it looks less messy irl! The design was done during my school term so that's how long ago it was drawn and since then, I'd like to think my hand has gotten more steady, so I attempted some more tribal designs on my nail wheel.

I think painting with a thin stripping brush really helped with keeping the lines clean and my stripping brush is actually from a Daiso glitter polish. I replaced the brush of that polish with another spare brush and have been using the stripping brush for thin lines ever since! Really like the brush so I think I better get a back up soon.
Glitter challenge is next!

11 comments:

  1. I see an angry bird design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHHHHHH! That's for Day 30! HAHAHAHAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i started way before you but i'm lagging behind already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the brown one makes me feel damn african haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lynn: HAHA! It reminds me of some African vase! I think it's cuz of the colour scheme? And I cheated lah, I painted on nail wheels so I did a few designs in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha we all cheat lor supposed to be on both hands rite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA! Yes, I think the bloggers in the US really all did both hands, unlike us! *Bows head in shame* HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oo yah, the glitter nails i did really look similar to your nail wheel design haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA! But it's not really my design either! I saw it on tumblr! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute! I love seeing all your creative nail ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @KarissaB: Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete