Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nfu Oh #51 - Substitute Unicorn's Pee?

I'm sure most of you have heard of and seen Clarins 230, a polish that's been dubbed as Unicorn's Pee by many polish lovers due to its ability to morph from a green shimmer, to gold and even to red! But because it's so rare and people are selling it on ebay at crazy sky high prices, I don't think I'll every own 230. That's where Nfu Oh #51 comes in. Many people have compared it to 230 in terms of how it can morph in colour as well, except that 230 only has shimmer particles while #51 has both shimmer particles and flakies. Hey, extra flakies thrown in? I don't mind!

When I received #51 in the mail, I had to swatch it to find out if it's really a close substitute for 230!
(Warning: Photo spam ahead! Click on the images to enlarge them!)





Can you see the flakies?!



Here's where the colour morphing begins! From red...



to amber...



to bronzey-gold



and lastly to green!

I have on one coat of #51, over two coats of VIII plant (which is a franken I created that is simply China Glaze VIII with some clear polish added in) in all the pictures. No top coat.

WOWZAH! #51 is such a versatile beauty! I couldn't stop looking at my nail the whole time I had it on! Yes, nail, I only painted my thumb nail as my other 4 fingers were coated with the Chanel Les Jeans polishes. I actually went to school and gave a presentation with 3 colours on my left hand (and none on my right)!
If you can get your painted paws on #51, please get it! You won't regret getting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment