Wednesday, December 28, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 19 (Galaxies)

I did a galaxy manicure a while back which was inspired by a cutepolish tutorial and I wanted to do a different look this time round so I googled some nebula / galaxy pictures.

Here's an overall picture of all five nails!



And now we have close ups.



I did a swirly design for my thumb.





The design on my index finger was inspired by this picture of the Starburst Galaxy M82.





The design on my middle finger was inspired by the Galaxy M81.





The design on my ring finger was inspired by the really pretty Rosette Nebula. It really looks like a rose if you look at it!





And this last pinkie nail was inspired by a Galaxy Cluster. You can't really see but I did use a purple polish (Siberian Nights) and it's pretty dark so perhaps that's why it isn't obvious and just looks black where it's supposed to be purple.

Hope you girls like this manicure better than the first one! (:

6 comments:

  1. WHAT?! This is super gorgeous! I need to try this out. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should add a glitter topcoat!! :D Soooo perfecttttttt :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @gomezfan: I painted a black base then sponged on most of the colours and if I needed more detail that the sponge was too fat for, I painted it on with light strokes! (:

    ReplyDelete