Friday, December 30, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 20 (Water Marbled)

Gosh, this challenge was really hard! I tried doing it and I failed miserably so I took off all the polish on my nails and had to redo them. During my second attmept, I got lazy and I didn't paint a base colour on my nails before dipping them into the water which is why the colours on my nails are so sheer and there's VNL.

Goodness, there were so many air bubbles below the paint and it looks really ugly close up! :(
I chose a red and green combo because this was the manicure I wore for Christmas. And if you noticed, I'm showing you my right hand, which explains the very awkward pose and this is because I couldn't bare to clean off my Galaxy Nails design. Yes, I had my Galaxy Nails on my left hand and this Water Marbled design on my right hand at the same time!
I think I'm never going to do water marbling again. As fun as it was to swirl out the designs in the water, the whole dipping process was just painfully messy and the water bubbles just ruined the whole experience for me! Plus for every nail, I had to use quite a bit of polish so it's not the most economical manicure.  Maybe I'll try dry water marbling some other time! Hopefully that'll be easier.
Wheeee! Ten more challenges to go!

3 comments:

  1. haha i agree, water marbling wastes so much precious polish. one time i tried, i dipped 3 fingers in at once lolol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I only spammed my green (ChG Four Leaf Clover) and red (ChG Hey Sailor) because I'm alright with using them! I tried dipping multiple fingers in before, BIG MISTAKE. So many bubbles everywhere. I attempted dry marbling though! Less wasteful. You'll see it in the next post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this!! (: so pretty

    ReplyDelete