Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lush Lemony Flutter

I know that Lush recently opened it doors here in Singapore (Wisma) on Friday but I didn't get my Lemony Flutter from here. If you follow me on twitter, you'd know that I got my grandma to buy 2 tubs of Lemony Flutter from the UK (she lives there) and she brought it over when  she arrived last week. My grandma paid £5.95 for the 50g tub and I heard from Susan that it's retailling for $20 over here so I managed to save some moneh! (:



YEAH BABY! So happy that I finally own Lemony Flutter because I've been hearing so many raving reviews on it!

So, I'm gonna show you how I apply Lemony Flutter because a lot of people have been saying that it's rather oily so they only apply it at night before they go to bed. I actually use a paint brush to apply Lemony Flutter to avoid getting my finger tips greasy.



I got this brush in a set of 4 from Daiso so effectively, I only paid 50 cents for it!



I just dip it in Lemony Flutter. You don't need a lot of each finger. That's the amazing thing about Lemony Flutter. A little goes a long way so one tub can really last a long time!



That's the amount I use for each nail! Like I said, a little does go a long long way.



Take the brush and spread Lemony Flutter along my cuticles first like so, just to make sure every inch on my cuticles gets some loving.



And then using the brush, I "lather" the cuticle butter into my cuticles. I massage it in, in circular motion and just work it in. I think doing this somehow promotes blood circulation around my cuticles because I noticed my nails have been growing faster ever since I started using Lemony Flutter!
And once you've done this to all your cuticles, you'll get this:



Nice (and greasy) cuticles. But honestly, after I let this sit for about 5 - 10 minutes, I just use my finger tips to rub the remainder butter in and after a while, I don't even notice that my fingers are greasy so I don't know why so many people are saying how greasy Lemony Flutter is such that they can only use it at night. In fact, I use it twice a day and I think it's perfectly fine!

I've been using Lemony Flutter religiously for just over a week now, applying it twice a day if I remember to, if not at least before I go to bed and the results are AMAZING.

This was what my dry cuticles looked like BEFORE:



Dry and flaky. YUCKS.

And this is AFTER:



Nice and moisturised cuticles! The last time I used Lemony Flutter was last night before going to bed so it's been 14 hours since. Just thought I'd let you know so you wouldn't think I just applied it and was "cheating".
What can I say? I really love Lemony Flutter! It has the most delicious scent too! It smells like lemons (duh) but also because it's packed with almost every oil you can find, which includes lavander, it has a rather calming smell to it too! Perfect for bed time and for that break you need in the day when you get too stressed!

And can I just say, my naked nails look rather fab! (: I've been abstaining from polish for a while to get rid of the yellow stains and woohoo, my nails so so much less yellow! Perfect for the 4 interviews I have lined up!

5 comments:

  1. WOW YOUR CUTICLES LOOK FAB WOWWW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks! But I have a feeling not painting my nails had something to do with it too! Especially the no polish remover / pure acetone part of painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha true that! Hate nail polish remover ): it's so harsh on my nails! I've always had very dry cuticles so I'm thinking of getting something from Lush when I'm in HK in about 2 weeks... Hee!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. haiz, i should use something rich like lemony flutter regularly. but i kinda dislike the smell, reminds me of ginger rather than lemon :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ tilltheend: I think my cuticles got so bad cuz I started nipping them and the skin just got drier! So I stopped! Just gonna push them back for now!

    @Candy: WHAT?! I hate ginger and it does not smell like ginger! I smell llemon and lavander! So yummy! Maybe get body shop body butter? Seems super rich too! I feel like getting the Satsuma one just cuz it smells so yummy!

    ReplyDelete