Tuesday, November 8, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 6 (Violet)

It's my birthday today! (: Sadly, I'll be spending it mugging for my quiz tmr but my friends and I are going out to celebrate the end of our semester as well as mine and another friend's birthday after the quiz so at least there's a rainbow after the storm! (Btw, my posts are queued so I'm probably studying right now as you're reading this!)

I was so torn between painting my nails with OPI Parlez Vous OPI? and Planks A Lot but since I've already featured Parlez Vous OPI? in my first few posts, I decided on Planks A Lot. This was the colour you saw on my thumb in my Spectraflair top coat post!

I bought Planks A  Lot when it first came out and haven't worn it since. I can say the same thing for Mermaid Tears and somehow, I find that I always get caught up in buying these polishes when they're first launched and I go gaga over them. Then when they arrive, they get swatched on a nail or two before they get kept in my Helmer for ages without getting worn.

After inventorising my stash last night, I realised that maybe I'm more addicted to the process of buying the polish and the anticipation of getting them than the actual products themselves. Sigh, that's not a good thing. By the way, I've just added a STASH tab on top so you can view my collection and request for swatches!
Sorry for digressing. Here's Planks A Lot!



Planks A Lot is just a little bit warmer than how it looks like in my picture. Application was good, 2 easy coats but I kept messing up with my right hand (as usual) and had to do 3 coats on some fingers. Slapped on some SV and you're good to go!

Anyway, I discovered a good trick today! You see, my nails are really short and they are never longer than the tip of my fingers so I tend to paint my flesh in the process of painting my nail and I have to do major cleaning up with acetone and a small brush afterwards. Today, when I was painting my nails, I suddenly thought of placing some tape below the end of my nails so that the paint would get painted on the tape instead of my flesh and my manicure was so much cleaner cuz all I had to do was to remove the tape to reveal a clean finger tip! It's similar to taping your fingers when you do water marbling to prevent the flash from getting painted.

Black and white nails next...I'm so eggcited for the post I'm going to show you a preview of what's to come!



See you then! :D

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Melissa~!~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candy!!! When's your birthday??? Then I can wish you too! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tomorrow! =)=) So that makes me hmm, (1yr-1day) older than you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh! So close! Kk, I shall wish you tmr!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. wahwah, happy birthday! do some birthday nails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg love the violet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a weak spot for purples. *shrieks*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! And that's a really pretty purple! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks girls for all the birthday wishes! I actually did Day 9's Rainbow nails for my birthday and I'm wearing it now! Such a happy and fun mani, very appropriate for a birthday! (:

    ReplyDelete