Friday, November 4, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 4 (Green)

Getting back on track with the 31 Day Challenge after my minor spectraflair craze! I'm planning to finish the first 10 days before my exam period so I can take a hiatus and come back to do the remaining (harder) 20 days afterward, when I'll have more time to paint my nails.

Green is one of my favourite colours to wear on my nails, especially with the whole military green trend floating around for fall so needless to say, I decided to do a military green shade for Day 4!



This is 2 coats of China Glaze Westside Warrior with SV on top.

I don't know if it was the polish or me but I had quite a hard time painting my nails. It overflowed to my cuticles quite a number of times but when it didn't it glided onto my nails like butter! Weird huh? I took a super duper long time cleaning up my cuticle area with my trusty brush (bought from Daiso, heh, $2 for 4 brushes, why the hell not!) and acetone, which would probably explain my extremely dry cuticles and finger tips. :(

I have been using cuticle oil before going to bed more regularly now (whenever I remember) but my cuticles still look dreadful! I did get my aunt (who lives in the UK) to help me get a tub of LUSH Lemony Flutter and my grandma, who lives in the UK too, will bring it down when she comes over at the end of December! Can't wait to try out Lemony Flutter after hearing countless awesome reviews on it! Hopefully, it can help bring my cuticles back to looking normal again!

You know, my brother, who works in one of the Big 4 auditing firms, told me that I will never get away with nails like this once I start working. Hopefully I'll get a job in one of the Big 4 too (not gonna say which one cuz I don't want to jinx it) so it probably means I'll have to kiss green,blue and dark coloured nails goodbye in slightly more than half a year's time! :(

Gonna wear all my blues and greens til death before I start work! This probably also means I'll have to stock up more on nude polishes! I already have my eyes set on OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy, Samoan Sand, Let Them Eat Rice Cake and Have a Tempura Tentrum! So much for my polish ban till the end of the year!

Blue nails next! I already know what I want to wear and it's going to be really pretty so stay tuned! (:

2 comments:

  1. This is a great shade... not too dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It dried darker than in the bottle but it was still a really nice colour in the end! (:

    ReplyDelete