Tuesday, November 1, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 3 (Yellow)

HOKAY, I'm not really into yellow nails because yellow polishes ALWAYS take a million coats to get opaque and the polish I used was no exception. I can't even remember how many coats I used because I lost count. I just painted until they were opaque and less streaky.



Here I have TFS YL703 and like a said above, I have no idea how many coats this is but it should be around 4-5 coats.

I also decided to use some fimo and obviously I didn't do such a good job. I have a hard time getting the fimo to stick on my nail cuz I used SV on on top the yellow nails and it dried too quickly and I ended up denting the polish. I proceeded to placed a little clear polish below the fimo and then pressed it down softly onto the nail and did another coat of SV.

GOD, it's so weird to have something sticking out of my nails. I'm really a smooth surface nail kind of girl and running my fingers over the nail reminds me of nails on chalkboard. Sorry gals, I'm probably just not a fimo girl. It's a waste because I got 5 fimo cames from the wonderful Estella, who gave them to me (I think) for being such a loyal and regular customer.



These are the five designs I got and I'm happy that they're mostly flowers so at least they're easy to match. And the last one, it's such a cute bumblebee! Makes me want to give fimo another chance! (:

5 comments:

  1. I think fimo is really pretty but I couldn't stand it sticking out! I saw a tutorial on YouTube for making it stay flat but I haven't tried it yet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Z4Ve8UYW4

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bee is kinda cute haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video!!! I was impatient and I just applied the fimo immediately after applying my top coat and I didn't wait before pushing it down! Probably why my polish dented! I have to admit, I couldn't stand the fimo sticking out I immediately removed the mani after taking pictures! Kept the fimo pieces though so I can still reuse them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, I think the bee looks a bit weird after analysing! Its wings look like two flower petals and it's body is just way too big for its tiny head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's why it's cute! it's too weird looking! hhaha actually looks like a spider with petals actually lol

    ReplyDelete