Friday, November 11, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 7 (Black and White)

Showed you guys this photo in my last post:



Were you able to guess what I'd be doing for today's challenge? I was really excited to do this mani because I already knew what I wanted to do. I didn't get to do a Halloween mani and even though it's long over, I thought I'd do one just for fun! I thought doing spider webs would be a good black and white theme and here's my humble attempt at hand painting the web pattern!



Wanted to do an accent nail so I decided to do a white base for my ring finger and paint a whole web.
But the more I looked at it, the plainer it seemed and the white part where the different lines joint together on my index finger seemed too thick so...



I decided to do a spider! I didn't know how to draw a spider on so I just used a dotting tool to do a large dot for the body and another smaller dot for the head. Then I dotted one two extremely small dots for the eyes. I wanted the spider to look evil so I chose red for the eyes! After that, I drew on eight short lines for the legs!



Here is an extreme close up of the spider. I hate that you can see how uneven my strokes are but I'm not perfect so I'm still gonna give myself a pat on the back for figuring out how to do a decent looking spider!



Slapped on a coat of Poshe and took an overall shot with the spider! Sadly the Poshe smudged some of the webs, which was weird cuz they had at least 2 hours to dry before I painted on the Poshe! =/
Ahh, but I'm still quite happy with my spider web Halloween mani. I guess this 31 Day Challenge is making me more creative and forcing me to think outside the box a little! (:

Oh, and in case you're wondering, I used Elianto White and Black, and China Glaze Hey Sailor for the base and the spider, and Daiso Nail Art polish in Black and White to draw the webs for this manicure!

2 comments:

  1. cute! i like the ring finger one! oh and i transferred the money this afternoon, pls check ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and I have received the money! (:

    ReplyDelete