Sunday, November 6, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 5 (Blue)

I initially wanted to do today's manicure with OPI Road House Blues layered with I Lily Love You on top, which is a combination to die for, but I got distracted along the way and I remembered seeing this manicure on Sophia a long time ago! I saw her blue nails on these two posts of hers and I HAD TO KNOW what colours she had on. It was killing me not knowing because she didn't say what she used on her blog but lucky for me, she tweeted about her nails along with the names of the polish she used!

Here's the picture she posted on twitter and Illamasqua DWS, Illamasqua Muse and RBL 360 were the polish she used.



I was so happy to find out what colours she used because it really bugs me when I don't know something I want to know so badly!

So, to replicate her blue manicure, I had to do some frankening beause I have none of the polishes she used.


Instead of Muse, I used OPI Ski Teal We Drop. For RBL 360, I used the franken I created a while back, which was called Riga but I just changed its name to Le Ciel Bleu (which means the blue skies in French), and lastly for DWS, I had to create another franken with mostly white and a few drops of black and blue polish to make it a cool, blue-toned grey, which I have christianed Cumulonibus.

I think this skittle blue mani is very remeniscent of the Chanel Les Jeans Collection and how they recommend people to wear it! I didn't get Coco Blue but I ordered the Nubar dupe collection so I can't wait to get it and do a comparison post with Blue Boy and Blue Rebel! (:

Anyway, I did do a mini swatch of Road House Blues with I Lily Love You on top on my nail plate so here are some pictures! First, I did 2 coats of Road House Blues, then I painted I Lily Love You from the upper right corner to the lower left corner, and then mattified the nail using Essie Matte About You from the upper left corner to the lower right corner. This way, you can see the nail in 4 ways, Road House Blues, Road House Blues matte, Road House Blues + I Lily Love You and lastly Road House Blues + I Lily Love You matte.







I love how Matte About You makes glitters so much more pretty!

Violet nails next! (:


6 comments:

  1. Your blue nails look great! And thanks for the awesome swatch! I Lily Love You looks great over darker colors! I'm just wondering, do the flakies lay flat on the nail? I heard that some pieces don't which makes me hesitate in getting it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flakes do lie pretty flat even without a topcoat so I'd imagine with Seche/Poshe on top, it totally will not be a problem! The flakies are pretty dense in the polish so they spread out easily and quite evenly, unlike CC Covered in Diamonds!

    Anyway, I got one gram of SF from morenailpolish along with 2 color morphing pigments and I'll definitely feature them when they arrive! If response is good, I can definitely open another "spree" in december, if she still has stock left to order from! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're doing the challenge as well? Fun:) Like the look, and it looks better on short nails. I don't really like long nails, do you?
    Check out my latest nail tutorial if you have time over :)
    http://fashionlily.onsugar.com/Watermelon-nail-art-20313971

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just did! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! Now I'm wondering if I should get ILLY too! Can't resist flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be giving away a bottle in December! (: If you're lucky, you may win it!

    ReplyDelete