Thursday, November 3, 2011

Best Nail Mail plus Spectraflair Top Coat!

Came home last night after my lecture that ended at 6.30pm! My friends and I were so hungry we went to get some finger food first before starving to death on the train. By the time I got home, it was already 8.30pm and I so so tired! But when I saw three different packages that arrived ON THE SAME DAY, my energy level immediately shot back up! Instant redbull effect I swear!



L-R: ChG Millennium (I got myself a spare bottle since it's so hard to come by and I only paid $9.50! Sadly, I bought the last bottle!), Nubar Jeans Collection, Orly Fowl Play (another spare bottle I got cuz I already asked someone in the US to help me buy this one) and lastly, my one gram of SPECTRAFLAIR!





Nubar compared with Chanel, without and with flash respectively. :(((( I'M DAMN SAD THAT THEY'RE THAT CLOSE! I didn't get Coco Blue though, so I can't compare that one with the lightest blue from Nubar but watch out for a comparison of the other 2 blues!

And now, the spectraflair section that I'm so eggcited to share!

As you know, I made a holo franken called Glamazon a while back with OPI DS Sapphire for the holo effect. I decided to spruce things up and add some more SF to Glamazon! I managed to add captions in the pictures so they're rather self-explanatory!



And then I made a SF top coat with my OPI Top Coat. Might as well use a good top coat since it's going on top of good colours!





Look at that tiny rainbow area! Reminds me of some galaxy / nebula / intergalactic gases interacting!
And in case you're wondering how is it compared to ChG Fairy Dust...



The holo bits in my SF top coat is so much finer than those in Fairy Dust!

So, to test out my SF top coat, I layered it over my original Glamazon on my ring finger and...





HELLO HOLO RAINBOW ARC! Do note that the SF top coat (or SF in general) tend to dull the polish down and make it a little grey so if adding SF into your polishes, be prepared to see a change in the base colour! I didn't add too much SF because I wanted the base colour of my polish to show too. Plus, you should always add SF bit by bit. Shake in between each addition and test it out because there is an optimum amount of SF you can add before it doesn't make the polish any more holo! You can always add more SF in or layer on another coat of the SF top coat if it's not holo enough for you, but if you add too much SF into the polish, you can't do anything!

I tried my SF top coat on top of my current mani too. I'm not saying what polish it is because you'll find out on Day 6 of my 31 Day Challenge (Violet Nails)! It is a creme colour though, no shimmer, no glitter, just a flat colour and look what the SF top coat did to it!





I'm in love with my SF top coat! I'm thinking of making them to sell so let me know if you're interested! (:
And in case you're wondering what I'm holding in the above picture, it's this foolscap paper that I've swatched some of my polishes on so that when I go polish shopping, I can bring it along and see what colours I have to avoid buying similar colours!



My friends are all damn amused whenever they see this paper of mine. Once, I brought it to work and my colleague thought it was swatches of wall paint cuz she didn't know I owned so many polishes!

3 comments:

  1. that paper idea is so smart!!! i'm gonna go make mine now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your sf arrived quite fast! the frankened top coat is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @shimmerpole: Idk if you can see but I pasted scotch tape on the paper so I swatch the polish on the tape! Better then swatching on paper cuz the paper won't absorb the polish!

    @Lynn: Yup, it look about 9 days to reach Singapore! You can make yours in December! (:

    ReplyDelete