Sunday, September 16, 2012

Holo Month Day 16: Milani Hi-Tech

After showing you guys a bunch of linear holo polishes, I thought I'd change it up a little for Holo Month and show you a scattered holo polish!

Scattered holos are similar to linear holos except their holo particles are larger and often times a little irregular in shape which makes them appear less holo. Sometimes, beauty lies in subtlety and this is what makes scattered holos so gorgeous.

This is three coats of Milani Hi-Tech, a yellow-based lime green scattered holo polish, with Cult Nails Get It On base coat and Wicked Fast top coat. The CN top coat didn't dull the holo effect by the way.





This polish was a little hard to photograph and I realised that most swatches online seem to show Hi-Tech as a pale green holo when in fact it really is more yellow-based. I did colour-correct my pictures to try and get them as close to Hi-Tech's colour as possible.











Gosh, now I'm starting to fall for scattered holos. I think I'm going to be broke just thinking of all the pretty Ozotics High Impact Holographics from the 600 series which you can pick up from Star Trinkets btw!

No comments:

Post a Comment