Sunday, September 9, 2012

Holo Month Day 14: Ozotic 522

What I had originally intended for Holo Month was simply posting holographic polish swatches for one month's worth of posts. I started my first Holo Month post on August 15th and had intended to wrap up Holo Month on September 15th. However, spurred on by the massive amounts of holo polishes I've been adding to my holo family, I decided to challenge myself and now, am doing a 31 Day Holo Month Challenge!

Today's already Day 14 of Holo Month (we're almost halfway through!) and I'll be showing you Ozotic 522, a copper-red linear holographic shade. Sadly, 522 was a disaster to photograph. Even after adjusting the white balance setting on my camera, and changing the location I took my pictures, I still had to colour correct all these pictures you're about to see. I really tried my best to get the colour right.
This is two coats of 522 taken under artificial lighting.







As usual, the linear holo Ozotics never fail to disappoint, even indoors. The next two shots were taken in sunlight and boy does the sun make 522 shine even more!





As much as I hated photographing this polish, I actually do love this baby A LOT. It's a pretty unique shade of holo. So far, I've only know one other polish that comes close to this shade of copper -red, Glitter Gal Coper, but it is slightly more orange than 522 (morenailpolish has an amazing comparison here)  so I'm going to go out on a limp and say that 522 has no dupes.

Sadly, piCture pOlish doesn't have anymore stock of this beauty anymore as it has been discontinued so if you do see a bottle floating around, just grab it! You won't be disappointed! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment