Monday, July 4, 2011

Still in the darkened shimmery craze over here

As you probably know, I've been lusting for dark shimmery / metallic shades for quite a while now. I didn't know it at the time but I guess it probably started when I swatched on Chanel Steel quite a long time ago. And after that, it was Black Pearl and OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous which made my lemming more obvious.

So far, I've gotten quite a number of dark shimmers but when I saw these 2 colours at Smoochiezz flea the over day, my inner polish devil told me I had to get them! On the left, OPI Light My Sapphire (LMS) and on the right, OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees (SSITP).

The colours here are pretty accurate but they both have shimmers which I'll show you in a bit. Colour-wise, LMS is a very dark blue shimmer while SSITP is a very smokey grey-blue with more subtle shimmer going on. It almost looks like a creme in fact! In low light, they both look like black but in the sunlight, that's when they really shine and they show their true beauty!

In indirect sunlight, they kinda look the same and they still don't show their true potential!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have LMS on my index and ring fingers, and SSITP on my middle finger and pinkie. Under sunlight, you can see the shimmer in LMS especially on my ring finger! Also, LMS is cooler than the other navys I have so I really don't have a dupe for it! It's so cool it sometimes come across as a little purplish. As for SSITP, you can see how smoky it is! It's a good mixture of grey and blue and maybe even a drop of green!

With flash!

I know it's summer now but hey, fall is coming soon and these are so perfect for fall (ahem, even though we are in a perpetual summer here in Singapore)! Can't wait to rock them! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment