Sunday, July 17, 2011

Kelly's Smoky Politics

Been lemming for Zoya Kelly for such a long time and I finally got down to getting it! Once I laid my eyes on it, a few potential dupes came to mind so I went to dig aroud my helmer and found Essie Smokin Hot and Misa Office Polish-tics.

From L-R: Essie Smokin Hot, Misa Office Polish-tics and Zoya Kelly



With 1 coat, you can already see their base colours and how different they are. Smokin Hot is purple, Office Polish-tics is blue while Kelly is grey.



Second coat on and they're all opaque!

Kelly is pretty close to Office Polish-tics (God, I LOVE the name, not too pun-y like how some OPI names can be) but they are different. I'm pretty sure my mum will be able to tell the difference and she's really my benchmark for dupes! Kelly's formula was a little thicker while Office Polish-tics had a more runny formula but they're both equally pigmented. All of them were easy to handle and note that I'm actually showing my right hand (which means I used my left hand to paint) so that should mean something!

Best thing? They're all office-friendly colours so you won't have to worry about people whispering about your crazy nail colour! They're all neutral enough for work but with a twist of edge!

(I apologize for not cleaning up my nails. I went ahead to clean these swatches off immediately after taking these photos as I didn't plan on having three different colours on my nails. Hence I didn't bother cleaning them up nicely!)

No comments:

Post a Comment