Friday, July 15, 2011

Some holographic goodness

Firstly, I'd like to say hi to my followers, especially the new ones! Quite surprised to see my follower number has gone up to 27! Maybe it's due to the Cherub's Lips' contant promotion of my entries! HAHA!
Recently went on a super short trip to Malacca over a weekend and the only thing I bought for myself (polish wise) was this gorgeous TFS holographic polish! I've seen swatches of it online earlier this year but it hasn't hit our shores yet so when I saw it selling in Malaysia, I was like "HOLY CRAP, I NEED THIS NOW". It was RM25 which works out to be arounf SGD10. I was a little hesitant to pay $10 for a TFS polish but since it's a holo, I caved.

Bottle shots first. The holo rainbow in the bottle was the thing that initially drew me to the polish.





I was hoping the holo rainbow in the bottle would mean a holo rainbow on my nails and to a certain extent, I got what I hoped for. Here, I have (top to bottom) OPI My Private Jet (the sucky new non-holo version), TFS BK901 and Color Club Revvvolution on my nails!



Left to right: OPI My Private Jet, TFS BK901 and Color Club Revvvolution



Top to bottom: Color Club Revvvolution, TFS BK901 and OPI My Private Jet



I'd give TFS BK901 credit for being the most holo out of the bunch but  it comes no where close to the Make Up Store's Greta in terms of being a linear holo. It was very opaque though. I only needed 2 coats (compared to the 4 coats required for Greta) of TFS BK901. I also used 2 coats for MPJ and Revvvolution here.

That being said, I'm in love with TFS BK901 and I'd throw CC Revvvolution out the window in a heartbeat if I had no more space in my Helmer!

2 comments:

  1. I'll continue to promote your blog, coz it's full of polish goodness! =)=)

    But I'm thankful I'm not crazy about holos, not on my nails anywayz, so moolah saved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm already trying to cut down on buying polishes but how could I resist a holo? I'm gonna wait for the Metro Collection, Zoya Fall Collection and OPI Road Trip Collection and then I'm done for the year! (HOPEFULLY!)

    ReplyDelete