Friday, November 9, 2012

Cirque Ophelia Jelly Sandwich Gradient

I grabbed three Cirque polishes when Mei Mei was having the introduction sale for Cirque polishes and Ophelia's the last of the three.

Ophelia's a beautiful periwinkle blue glitter polish that contains medium hex and small circular glitters in a clear base. I wanted to try out a jelly sandwich with Ophelia so I started out with four coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu.



Then I topped that off with Ophelia, which I dabbed around, trying to create a glitter gradient.






In the picture below, I layered on another thin coat of Don't Touch My Tutu on my index and middle fingers, finishing off the jelly sandwich. I left my ring finger and pinkie nails as they were though, so you can see the difference between the jelly sandwich and just layering Ophelia on top of Don't Touch My Tutu.



Here, I have one thin coat of Don't Touch My Tutu on top of all my nails.



I love how the extra coat of Don't Touch My Tutu on top made Ophelia more pastel and muted.











Here's two close up shots of Ophelia and you can see that Ophelia actually has a secret iridescent shimmer in it as well! That was a nice surprise!







Here are some shots of the Ophelia jelly sandwich with a top coat.








I hope you can see the iridescent shimmer a little better in this last picture. I think the top coat helped the shimmer to sparkle a little bit more. Also, it helped that Don't Touch My Tutu was sheer enough that it didn't bury the shimmer!



I really love the colour combination of white and periwinkle. It's just so clean cut and classic, kinda reminds me of the china set I have at home. I'm looking forward to wearing Ophelia on top of the boring pink/nude shades I have to wear to work and I'm already thinking of a Bubble Bath and Ophelia combination for another jelly sandwich! :)

As for the lavendar and sage scent present in all Cirque polishes, I've heard loads of rave from fellow polish lovers but it's a little too sweet smelling for my liking. It's just me though. Each to his own right?
If you're interested in grabbing some Cirques, you can buy them directly from Cirque or head on down to Meimeisignature! Meimei ships internationally with the exception of Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment