Sunday, November 11, 2012

Birthday Jelly Sandwich Manicure

I celebrated my birthday a couple of days ago and knew I wanted a pretty glitter mani for my birthday mani but I didn't want to do the whole Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday thing because it's so been-there-done-that. Then I thought why not do a white multi-coloured glitter mani? I really wanted KBShimmer Oh Splat! but it's out of stock on Harlow & Co so I decided to flex some creative muscle and come up with a similar look.

My birthday jelly sandwich mani started with one coat of my trusty PVA glue base coat and then four coats of OPI Care to Danse.



Then I topped that with one coat of Nail Pattern Boldness Le Big Party, a gorgeous multi-coloured tiny square and hex glitter topper.



Then it was sandwich time so on went another coat of OPI Care to Danse.



Next, I painted a layer of Amy's Nail Boutique Fiesta, a multi-coloured large hex topper.



And on top of that was another two thin coats of OPI Care to Danse, which completed the whole (10 layer) jelly sandwich.



I'm a little bummed that I couldn't really see Le Big Party as clearly as I wanted to. Maybe I'll skip the layer of Care to Danse between Le Big Party and Fiesta the next time I do this mani but overall, I still loved how cheerful this mani looked. It really helped cheered me up especially since I've been working in the West (I stay in the East so I have to travel all the way to the other end everyday) for the three weeks.
Hope you guys liked the jelly sandwich! :)

2 comments:

  1. That's quite a colourful (and cute) fiesta, ideal for a birthday mani! Hope you have an enjoyable one, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it certainly brightened up my day! :)

    ReplyDelete