Monday, November 5, 2012

Cirque Fascination Street (and some bonus comparisons!)

I grabbed three Cirque polishes when Mei Mei was having the introduction sale for Cirque polishes and Fascination Street was one of them.

Before I move onto the polish, I'd like to talk about the brand first. In case some of you don't know, "Cirque is an artisanal line of hand-blended nail polish made in New York.

Cirque nail polish is B3 free, which means it does not contain toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate. Each bottle holds .45 oz / 13.2 ml of product and is hand-mixed by batch using high quality ingredients such as cosmetic-grade pigments and glitter.  Organic lavender and clary sage essential oils have been added to lend your hands a subtle scent after the polish dries." (Taken from Cirque's website)

Fascination Street is a holographic indigo polish that had me at hello. Seriously, how could I not love Fascination Street?

Sexy dark colour? Check.

Holographic? Check.

Good formula? Check.





I used two coats of Fascination Street for my swatches. My bottle was a tiny tiny bit goopy but I didn't have much problems with that. Just use thin coats and you'll be fine.





Oh, just look how the holo particles shine!







My knees are weak. Thank goodness I'm sitting down as I'm typing this.



Now, onto the bonus component as promised, we all know that there are a couple of dark and sexy holographic polishes in the market so I thought I'd show you how some of them compare to Fasination Street.

First up, we have A-England Lady of the Lake (a purple scattered holo) and Tristam (a navy scattered holo).

As you can see in the bottle shot, Fascination Street lies somewhere between these two shades. It's not exactly purple nor navy.



This is two coats of all three polishes.







I'd say Fascination Street is pretty darn close to Tristam in terms of colour but in terms on holo-ness, Tristam has nothing on Fascination Street.

Now, onto a more holographic polish, the extremely holographic DS Glamour, which was high up on my lemmings list until my darling Evillee managed to help me get a bottle. I paid a pretty penny for DS Glamour and up till today, it remains the most expensive polish (per ml) in my collection.



Again, this is two coats of both polish.



DS Glamour's significantly bluer and lighter than Fascination Street as well as a tiny bit more holo. I was extremely in love with DS Glamour but I think I just might leave it for Fascination Street.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the extremely saturated shade of indigo. Whatever it is, it simply makes my heart flutter <3.

I know I've already completed my Holo Month "challenge" but I couldn't resist doing more holo posts. It only goes to show what my favourite polish finish is huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment