Thursday, April 14, 2011

OPI Ali's Big Break

Today I have OPI Ali's Big Break to show you! I've been eyeing it for so long ever since seeing tons of swatches of it online and I even went to Sephora to swatch it just to be sure the colour was nice. Eventually I caved during Gwen's last transdesign spree and decided to order it before it sold out.

With one coat, it looked more a little more pink and I actually wished the colour was what it was at one coat because with the 2 coats that I used, it became more of a Chinese New Year red, which made me feel a bit gaudy wearing it out.

Here it is, taken under a lamp:

The colour is pretty accurate here and again, this was 2 coats. I've read that quite a few people needed 3 coats for it to be opaque with no VNL buit since my nails are sooooooo short, I have practically no VNL to begin with so 2 coats was what I needed. Also, with 3 coats, the colour will be a little darker so I guess it also depends on what shade of red you want it to be.

Here it is photographed with flash:

This is how it tends to photograph with flash and in sunlight - a little bit brighter than its actualy colour! Honestly, I would have actually prefered it to be like that, if not a little bit darker than what I had in the first picture. I just saw a swatch of Essie Aperrtif online, and I'm in love with it! Really into reds these days and I want a nice deep red but not the vampy kind though. Something like Essie Limited Addiction? Although I would like to at least see it in real life first because reds are always so subjective and how accurate can online swatches be when it comes to the real colour? Off by a little in pictures for reds can translate to off by a lot on my nails!

Anyway, Ali's big Break does contain beautiful gold flecks of glitter!

I layered a coat of Seche Vite on top to make everything nice and glossy. I did find however, that because of the gold flecks, it made my nail polish appear as if I didn't paint it smoothly, like there were little tiny bumps on my nails? Don't know if it's just me. It looks pretty smooth in pictures but from certain angles IRL, it looks like I accidentally smeared my nails or something. Maybe I'm paranoid?

Hope you like this nice red! I think it'd be very appropriate for CNY, Christmas or even National Day! LOL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment