Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cupcake Nails

I've been stuck at home not doing anything lately (since I graduated in May but I only start working in August) and recently, I've been having a muffin and cupcake craze. In fact, I've been baking blueberry crumble muffins at home and I'm working on perfecting the recipe. I can't do cupcakes though because I'm not a frosting person. I don't particularly like eating creme fresh and I'd much rather just buy a cupcake (rich and chocolately one, ALWAYS) than spend the time decorating them.

However, as much as I hate wasting time decorating cupcakes, I seem to have no qualms wasting the same amount of time decorating cupcake nails. Hence, to channel my inner cupcake-decorating goddess, I present to you, my four cupcake nails!



Polish used
Cupcake nail #1: China Glaze White on White (white frosting), China Glaze IV and custom mix of red and white acrylic paint (paper cups), Easter In A Bottle (frosting), Sally Hansen Cherry Red (red cherry)

Cupcake nail #2: China Glaze White on White (white frosting), OPI Planks A Lot and China Glaze Grape Pop (paper cups), Pretty and Polished Jawbreaker (frosting), Sally Hansen Cherry Red (red cherry)

Cupcake nail #3: China Glaze White on White (white frosting), OPI Mermaid Tears and Orly Enchanted Forest (paper cups), OPI Mermaid Tears,China Glaze IV, OPI Planks A Lot, China Glaze Happy Go Lucky and Orly Snowcone (rainbow sprinkles), heart shaped glitter (heart topping)

Cupcake nail #4: China Glaze White on White (white frosting), China Glaze Happy Go Lucky and OPI A Roll In The Hague (paper cups), Chian Glaze Hey Sailor, Sally Hansen Brick Wall, OPI Mermaid Tears,China Glaze IV, OPI Planks A Lot, China Glaze Happy Go Lucky and Orly Snowcone (hundreds and thousands sprinkles), heart shaped glitter (heart topping)

Hope they look yummy! :)

4 comments:

  1. Those are really adorable! My favorites are numbers one and three - plus I love the little heart candy toppers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristen! I had quite a lot of fun painting them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Lacquered AffairJuly 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM

    Sugar overload! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thank you Lauretta! :)

    ReplyDelete