Monday, July 23, 2012

Nails Inc Sprinkles Collection Swatches

I knew I had to have all of them the moment I saw swatches and I procastinated getting them because I was on a low-buy. But I broke after a month of waiting and decided to order them from Beautybay.com because of the free shipping!

The Beautybay order arrived SOOOO quickly (they despatched my order within 3 hours of ordering and it took a week to reach me) and I couldn't wait to swatch the Nails Inc Sprinkles polishes!



From left to right, this is three coats (I only did the third coat because I blotched the second coat, otherwise, two coats would have sufficed) of Sugar House Lane, and two coats of Sweets Way, Pudding Lane and Topping Lane.



I have to say, Sugar House Lane does remind me of Cookies and Cream, It's actually making me hungry just looking at the swatch!



Sweets Way looks like a white/super light pink version of Lippmann's Glitter In The Air / Revlon Whimsical.



As for Pudding Lane, I feel it's the most unique out of the bunch because I don't have any medium blue glitter polishes (despite having an entire Helmer drawer full of blue polish).



And last but not least, Topping Lane is super pink. If Barbie had a glitter polish, this would be it. It really is a bright pink and honestly, it does look a little bimbotic on me. I'm not saying it's a bad shade, just saying it really isn't me. I am tempted to add a couple of drops of white polish in Topping Lane just to tone down the pink and make it a more wearable shade!

Application with these four polishes were fantastic. When I saw that most of the other swatches (on other blogs) only needed two coats, I was a bite dubious but seriously, two coats were definitely enough. They went on like butter and the polishes were not goopy at all. They were the perfect consistency for glitter polishes and the Nails Inc brush was quite a good size (it fanned out pretty well) so I didn't need too many strokes to paint each nail.

I tell you, I'm friggin' in love with these four babies. Being in a cupcake craze of late, these were the perfect polishes to satisfy my lemming!

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, I want these so bad. LOL, a "Low-Buy" never heard of that....but I should probably be on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A low-buy's really a cheat for a no-buy, which is seriously too hard to do! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Lacquered AffairJuly 24, 2012 at 9:28 PM

    Such happy, delicious-looking polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!! Definitely won't be able to wear to work though! :( Maybe I'll do a sandwich mani with these to tone them down! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Lacquered AffairJuly 25, 2012 at 12:07 PM

    Sprinkle Sandwich...sounds delish too!

    ReplyDelete