Sunday, August 28, 2011

Galaxy Nails

Lynn from Uncolour My World did a galaxy nails design a few days ago and I was so captivated I wanted to try it again. The first time I tried doing galaxy nails, I failed so miserably I didn't even bother taking pictures.

This second attempt is definitely better than the first but I still find that it still doesn't look that realistic.









And now ugly pictures of my right hand cuz it was quite hard to do the design with my left hand! And also cuz I tried to be a smarty pants and use other colours like green and it turned out really weird! I did try another nebula pattern for my thumb which turned out pretty darn sweet!





Close up of my thumb! Really liking this one. Looks like some whirlpool in the making!

Here's what I used for the design:
- Elianto Black (friggin' aweseom one coater! MUCH better than OPI Black Onyx!)
- Rainbow White
- Random yellow polish my brother bought for me from BKK
- China Glaze IV
- TFS BL604
- China Glaze Meteor Shower
- China Glaze Flyin' High
- Essie Something Borrowed
- OPI Planks a Lot
- OPI Jade is the New Black
- China Glaze Fairy Dust

I also tried out a tribal nail art design but I didn't have a striper brush so I had to use my dotter to draw the "straight" lines.



Really like how tribal prints are so easy to do, just paint lines and dots, and yet they looks quite intricate! I think it's time to invest in a striper brush! (:

2 comments:

  1. v nice! i like the thumb too. i realised i my galaxy nails were lookin weird cuz the patterns were mostly straight haha. i like the tribal one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! (: I tried doing the patterns on each nail a little more curvy so they can somehow connect to each other! I got the tribal pattern from that youtube channel link you posted for the galaxy nails!

    ReplyDelete