Saturday, March 31, 2012

Girly Bits Purple Potion

Hi everyone! Today, I've got a Girly Bits review for you!

I've always been really excited to try polish created by my fellow polish addicts. I remember when Pam first showed her new creations on her blog, I was thinking "Man, I really need to get my polished claws on those gorgeous polish, so when Mei Mei asked if I wanted to do a review for a Girly Bits polish, I jumped at the opportunity!

So, presenting... PURPLE POTION!

Here are some bottle shots first...



So this is how the 15ml bottle looks like. I particularly like the little diamante that has been (very securely) glued onto the bottle. Make it looks so much more precious.



Here, you can see that the fine holographic glitter particles flash green, red, purple and gold.


A blurred out shot really brings out the colours of the glitter!

On the nails...



I thought it's be good to show you how Purple Potions builds up so here, I'm wearing one coat on my index and middle fingers, and two coats on my ring finger and pinkie. The glitter actually spreads really nice and evenly so there's no need to "dot" the polish on cuz there wasn't any sparse area.







I'm wearing two coats on all my nails, in the above 3 pictures. As you can see, the polish does build up nicely and I think it's because the glitters aren't swimming in a clear base but rather a purple jelly base so it  gives colour to the polish and helps with the build up as well.



Another blurred up shot. I really like looking at blurry shots of glittery polishes because you can really see how bling the polish is!

You can wear it with two coats but I wanted maximum bling so I decided to go for another coat.









Finally, with three coats, the polish is now totally opaque and extremely bling bling!





Love the bokeh effect of the glitter! Totally reminds me of those Christmas tree lights bokeh shots!

And of course, I couldn't just finish the review with any old plain swatch. I wanted to see how a matte polish would bring out the colours of the glitter. I'm wearing my Essie Matte About You top coat on my index and ring fingers, and I painted SV on my middle finger and pinkie, to show you the different ways you can wear Purple Potion!









I love love love how Purple Potion looks mattified. Because it isn't a flat colour, the matte version looks so smooth and yet, so complex!

Application wise, Purple Potion is without a doubt, one of the smoothest glitter polishes I have ever tried. It glides onto the nails and the glitter spreads out really evenly. But the best thing has got to be that it dries sooooo smooth to the touch and so glossy. There was honestly no need for SV!

Seriously, you girls have got to grab a bottle for yourselves to try out this amazing polish. Mei Mei's Signatures is selling Girly Bits polishes from only $18.50 a bottle so click away and get a bottle for yourself before they all sell out!

Hope this review has been useful! (:

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Mei Mei's Signature.This product was sent to me for my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment