Thursday, March 1, 2012

OPI Steady As She Rose (with an accent nail)

Smoochiezz's flea at JP really damaged my wallet. I've bought five polishes in all and even the girl at the flea can now recognise me because I stopped by so many times! During one of my visits there, I impulsively decided to buy OPI Steady As She Rose after looking at swatches just the previous night. I was pretty excited to use it so it was my first manicure of 2012!



I read so many reviews that described Steady As She Rose as a dusty pale pink but it looked more to me like a dusty pale lavender. This was 2 coats and it applied pretty easily.

I was a little bored with the colour after a day so I decided to do an accent nail on my middle finger nail with Color Club Wild At Heart.



I initially wanted to paint Fashion Addict but after seeing Wild At Heart, I thought the colours really complimented each other and because they have more contrast, it makes the manicure pop more! My bottle of Wild At Heart didn't seem all that holo at first but after seeing it on my nail, I think I got the holo version. It is substantially less holo than Fashion Addict but it's still holo enough to be a beauty!

And if you're wondering, I used scotch tape to get the lines so clean. Scotch tape manis are so fun to do but you need to really wait for the base colour to dry before pasting the tape on top. Alternatively, you can paint some SV or Poshe on top of the base colour to speed up the drying process before pasting the tape on.
So, what was your first manicure of 2012? Did you love it? (:


2 comments:

  1. wild at heart is such a pretty colour! deep rich purple, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! And it's holographic (best thing ever)!

    ReplyDelete