Wednesday, September 21, 2011

OPI A-Taupe Space Needle

My original plan with the latest OPI Touring America collection was simply to get Uh Oh Roll Down the Window, Road House Blues and Are We There Yet? but when I went swatching at Robinsons and tried on A-Taupe Space Needle, I knew I had to get it. It reminded me so much of Chanel Khaki Brun are that scored brownie points in my book!

I recently wore it and although on some people it looks brown (taupe) with a slight hint of green, on me, it looked distinctively olive green with a slight hint of brown!

This was taken in natural sunlight.

Here's a picture taken with flash. The flash seemed to have brought out it's true taupe form.

I was initially happy with it, sometimes sneaking a peek at my nails just cuz the colour made me happy (I hope I'm not the only person who does this) UNTIL one friend said it reminded her of shit. I know taupes sometimes get bad reputations because they're almost the same colour as poo but still! Then I went around asking the rest of my friends whether the colour (or rather, my nails) look like shit and majority of them said no, because of the green in it. The best answer though, was from my good friend, who said "Of course not! The colour of shit won't be so nice and even because there'll be chunks of digested food inside!" HAHA! That made my day man! Another friend, upon seeing my nails asked if they were olive green, and so I was pretty sure it didn't look like shit on my nails!

I used 2 coats in the pictures with a coat of SV on top. Application was fine, especially with OPI's pro-wide brush! Apparently this new OPI collection is Big 4 free (I don't really know what's the new chemical that they banished) but it smelt and applied the same for me, with any other Big 3 free OPI polish. A healthier polish that applies just as well is a huge plus in my books! Way to go OPI!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment