Thursday, September 29, 2011

August Haul

I know I'm a month late but I was waiting for a couple of polishes I ordered in August to arrive and they finally have!

Gonna apologize now for the crappy pictures to come. I didn't have much time to take them so they're not really colour accurate!



Close ups:



L-R: Rubi Emerald City (I hate how it never remains a uniform colour in the bottle), Tony Moly TR05, OPI Uh Oh Roll Down the Window, OPI A Taupe Space Needle

I really like these 4 colours! Totally no regrets buying any of them! Just showed you guys A Taupe Space Needle just a while back and I gonna have a military green comparison soon with Uh Oh Roll Down the Window soon so watch out for that!



L-R: Misa Push Up Bra, CND Tropic Coral, OPI I Lily Love You

I hate how similar the Misa and CND colours look! Plus I stupidly ordered them in the same spree so it's an extra bummer! I was so into the whole coral thing bac when I placed the order and I wasn't expecting them to be so pink! :( I have Tropic Coral on my digits now and I'm feeling so bimbotic because it's so bright and it's just pinker than I thought it'd be. The only plus point is that it really goes with my skintone so it's really just a matter of personal preference! That said, I like the brush and the formula of Tropic Coral! And as pink as I Lily Love You is, I layered over Road House Blues and it's AMAZING!



L-R: Color Club After Hours. OPI Road House Blues, China Glaze Meteor Shower and China Glaze VIII
GOD, I ordered VIII and when I got it, the cap was loose and it made the polish so friggin extra thick! I even added 16 drops of OPI Lacquer Thinner and still no change! In the end, I decanted some into a smaller 5ml bottle and added some clear polish and I actually love it so much more like that! It's now a 2 coater jelly and it looks a little lighter so it doesn't look like black under low lighting anymore! YAY! I also made another more jelly version (very jelly, it probably needs 4-5 coats to be opaque) and it's really good for a jelly glitter sandwich! Really disappointed with transdesign (I'm not blaming the spree conductor cuz I know it's not her fault) though.

Love the other 3 polishes though. LOVE!

And lastly, I got a couple of empty 5ml bottles along with some metal ball bearings for shaking!



I FRIGGIN LOVE THESE BABIES! I've already made a couple of frankens! They are the perfect size for frankening because they're small so you don't really make too much of something! I actually want more so if you're reading these, can someone please organize a TKB spree? PRETTY PLEASE? In case you're wondering, I paid $0.97 per bottle including shipping.

Okay, end of my August Haul! I guess I actually bought less polish then I imagined! YAY!

3 comments:

  1. yeah, i want a tkb spree too! i wanna order tons of mini bottles, and lots of micas, lol... have you tried their holographic glitter? If you have, please post a review! =)=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini bottles looks so awesome! I wish there will be a tkb spree too because I wanna try some frankens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Candy: I ordered the holo glitter the last time but it was OOS so I didn't get to try it. I want to order it if there's another spree though! It seems quite fine so I'm planning to mix it into polish and see what happens!

    @colored glass: I want more bottles too! Hoping someone will open another spree son! They're really the perfect size for frankening, not to big, not to small!

    ReplyDelete