Saturday, September 24, 2011

China Glaze Sea Spray (with Nubar 2010)

I bought Sea Spray soooooo long ago and I haven't worn it before (I've only swatched when I first got it just to see what it'd look like on my nails, and then I took it off) so I decided to give it a test run. I was so in love when it when I first saw it on ALU and I just had to have it!

I had quite a rough time trying to photograph its colour accurately. It was either too blue or too grey and this was the best I could do!







I hope you can see the secret shimmer in Sea Spray in these pictures! Click to enlarge them!
I wore Sea Spray for 2 days just on its own ad then I got a little bored and decided to spice things up with Nubar 2010!





Here's how Nubar 2010 looks on top of Sea Spray, straight on. Mostly purple and blue flakes. I've been trying to get 2010 to looks purple on a lot of polishes as base but it never does. It always looks orange and green only so imagine my delight when I saw purple flakes on Sea Spray! Oh, but the magic had just begun!



When I placed my nails at an angle. I could see purple, orange and green flakes!

AND THEN THIS HAPPENED! You NEED to click on the pictures to enlarge them and get a better view of the flakes! The colours are so much more vibrant when the pictures are bigger.







This was my favourite picture of the bunch!



I must say, I almost took off Sea Spray altogether because I was getting a bit bored with the colour and I'm so glad I decided to layer on 2010 instead! I'm gonna try layering 2010 on top of lighter shades from now on to try and get the different colours of the flakes to shine. They appear mostly orange and green on most darker shades and I want to see more blue and purple coming out!

In other news, I just managed to snag China Glaze DV8 and 2nite from a fellow nail enthusiast! She had spare (unused) bottles and were selling them and I immediately jumped on this opportunity to own part of the China Glaze OMG collection! Now, it's not OMG but at least they're both still very pretty! Can't wait for them to arrive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment